Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

3 New Partial Mash Recipes!!

We've just released 3 new Partial Mash Recipes!

Wit Your Whistle - Few summer beers offer the satisfaction of Belgian witbiers. Textured with wheat, and bursting with spices, this Belgian classic exhibits strong herbal notes with a citrusy finish and silky smooth body. While this beer is perfect for satisfying your summer thirst, it still has enough layered aroma and flavor to rival even the heartiest of winter beers. So “Wit your Whistle” with this quenching treat to beat the heat!

Black Moon Weizen - This dark-as-night libation is a great representation of the complex and full-bodied characteristics of the German dunkelweizen style. The smooth and silky mouthfeel of the wheat perfectly compliments the rich, malty flavors from the Munich and Chocolate Malts. The underlying banana and clove notes that the yeast provide further add to the complexity of this robust wheat beer. It’s like a hefeweizen with a dark side.

Dry River Rye IPA - Rye has been treasured by brewers and distillers for centuries for its spicy flavors and aromas. This full-bodied rye IPA blends the dry and spicy black pepper-like characteristics of rye with the tropical and slightly piney notes of the Zythos hop blend. This unique combination of flavors and aromas provides a complexity that is unmatched by your typical IPA.

Cheers! B)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MRB Josh R said:

We've just released 3 new Partial Mash Recipes!

Wit Your Whistle - Few summer beers offer the satisfaction of Belgian witbiers. Textured with wheat, and bursting with spices, this Belgian classic exhibits strong herbal notes with a citrusy finish and silky smooth body. While this beer is perfect for satisfying your summer thirst, it still has enough layered aroma and flavor to rival even the heartiest of winter beers. So “Wit your Whistle” with this quenching treat to beat the heat!

Black Moon Weizen - This dark-as-night libation is a great representation of the complex and full-bodied characteristics of the German dunkelweizen style. The smooth and silky mouthfeel of the wheat perfectly compliments the rich, malty flavors from the Munich and Chocolate Malts. The underlying banana and clove notes that the yeast provide further add to the complexity of this robust wheat beer. It’s like a hefeweizen with a dark side.

Dry River Rye IPA - Rye has been treasured by brewers and distillers for centuries for its spicy flavors and aromas. This full-bodied rye IPA blends the dry and spicy black pepper-like characteristics of rye with the tropical and slightly piney notes of the Zythos hop blend. This unique combination of flavors and aromas provides a complexity that is unmatched by your typical IPA.

Cheers! B)

Nice looking recipes - I will have to try but.....

"Wit Your Whistle" misses Orange Zest and Coriander from the "You provide" ingredients. It might help in preparation to prevent ...."oops! I don't have that!"

The Rye IPA is most tempting.  That one's going on the "must brew sometime" list.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nickfixit said:

Nice looking recipes - I will have to try but.....

"Wit Your Whistle" misses Orange Zest and Coriander from the "You provide" ingredients. It might help in preparation to prevent ...."oops! I don't have that!"

Thanks for pointing that out. I will make sure it is updated. Here is what you will need to provide:

·         1 teaspoonful Coriander Seed, freshly crushed

·         Zest of 1 medium Orange, grated

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MichaelL said:

The Rye IPA is most tempting

The test batch went fast here at the office. I'm not even really a big IPA fan and I still really enjoyed it.

• Like 3

Dry River Rye here I come!  I've been dying to give one of these a go!  Bravo Mr. Beer!!!  :)

• Like 3

On 5/19/2016 at 11:48 AM, MRB Josh R said:

ah... how do I say this...  COPY CATS!!!! :) (did you hack my OneNote?)

• Like 1

Saweeeeeet!!! Unfortunately I'm out of mad money for the next month. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, MRB Tim said:

The test batch went fast here at the office. I'm not even really a big IPA fan and I still really enjoyed it.

yea uh huh, how much is under your desk for later when every ones gone Tim?

• Like 2

On 5/19/2016 at 10:42 AM, MRB Josh R said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I will make sure it is updated. Here is what you will need to provide:

·         1 teaspoonful Coriander Seed, freshly crushed

·         Zest of 1 medium Orange, grated

Hello Josh -

What would your take be brewing this without the coriander or the orange zest? And maybe adding 1 pack of booster to dry it out a bit and up the ABV a tad?

You lose of bit of that classic wit taste, but my thought is this would still be a beer well worth trying.

What to you think?

Can wait to brew rye ipa a long time ago I try rye beer and fell in love with the spicy flavor it has.

On 5/21/2016 at 9:51 PM, MrWhy said:

Hello Josh -

What would your take be brewing this without the coriander or the orange zest? And maybe adding 1 pack of booster to dry it out a bit and up the ABV a tad?

You lose of bit of that classic wit taste, but my thought is this would still be a beer well worth trying.

What to you think?

Honestly, I think that while the yeast is nice and estery, the beer will still be a little bland without the coriander/orange. And if using orange, I recommend FRESH zest, not the dry crap sold in homebrew supply stores.

• Like 2

I concur with Josh.  Dried crap doesn't belong in beer.  I have used dried orange peel with great success however, but never dried crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fathead5f said:

I just bottled the dry river rye ipa and wow the flavor is awesome.

This is one of my favorite PM recipes we have. I always try to make it when I can. Sometimes I will switch out the hops for something more exotic and rare, if I have it on hand, otherwise the Zythos hops work great in that beer. And the rye gives it a nice faint spicy malt flavor with a smooth body. Ugh...Now I'm getting thirsty and it's only 8:30am...lol.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:06 AM, HoppySmile! said:

I've used dried buffalo chips, works great in dark beers

For that relaxed "Home on the Range" feeling....

• Like 2