Mr.Beer Community
JoshR

New Cider Recipe - Glacial Gold Hopped Cider!!!

We've just released a new cider recipe with more to come!

Like hops, but can't have gluten? This cider's for you:

Glacial Gold Hopped Cider - Infused with the woody, floral, and citrusy aromas of the complex, yet versatile Glacier hops, this isn’t your average cider. The hop aromas are the first thing to hit your senses, followed by a smooth, clean apple flavor. The late hop addition and dry-hopping method will prevent any bitterness from making itself present the beer. Instead, you only get the hop aromas and flavors, which pair perfectly with the floral and fruity apple notes. Perfect for gluten-free hop lovers.

• Like 2

Looks good!  You might consider adding to the instructions the excellent suggestion you've given here in the forum to optionally substitute a gallon of 100% apple juice for the water used to top off the LBK.  That worked nicely for me when I made the hard cider, and I will do it again when I get this new recipe.

• Like 2

On May 19, 2016 at 3:05 PM, wvu1989 said:

Looks good!  You might consider adding to the instructions the excellent suggestion you've given here in the forum to optionally substitute a gallon of 100% apple juice for the water used to top off the LBK.  That worked nicely for me when I made the hard cider, and I will do it again when I get this new recipe.

wvu1989

i just got the Glacial Gold Hopped Cider and interested in doing the apple juice substitution.

i am new to brewing and was curious what I need to do?

This is my first time trying a cider recipe, but I want to make sure I get the full taste.

On 6/3/2016 at 3:56 PM, poker_run said:

wvu1989

i just got the Glacial Gold Hopped Cider and interested in doing the apple juice substitution.

i am new to brewing and was curious what I need to do?

This is my first time trying a cider recipe, but I want to make sure I get the full taste.

Simply use 1 gallon of juice in place of the 1 gallon of water you use at the beginning. The juice must be pasteurized and have no preservatives.

• Like 2

Hi poker-run, welcome to the forum and your new addiction!  MRB Josh R is the real expert, and what he has suggested in the past is to buy a gallon of 100% apple juice (must be pasteurized), and substitute the cold juice for the cold water that the instructions call for to top off your keg. This should add a bit more sweetness and apple flavor.  I only did the one batch of cider (so far), and it wasn't hopped, but I liked the results.

Good luck and Happy Brewing!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

Simply use 1 gallon of juice in place of the 1 gallon of water you use at the beginning. The juice must be pasteurized and have no preservatives.

4 hours ago, wvu1989 said:

Hi poker-run, welcome to the forum and your new addiction!  MRB Josh R is the real expert, and what he has suggested in the past is to buy a gallon of 100% apple juice (must be pasteurized), and substitute the cold juice for the cold water that the instructions call for to top off your keg. This should add a bit more sweetness and apple flavor.  I only did the one batch of cider (so far), and it wasn't hopped, but I liked the results.

Good luck and Happy Brewing!

Sweet, sounds good and thanks for the info.

since first time with the new recipe, I made it as directed. I may try the added juice next time if needed, but I think this batch comes with an extra bottle (qty 3) for extra flavor I read somewhere.

Thank for both your inputs!