Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

New Recipe - Tangerously Hoppy IPA!!

TangerouslyHoppyIPA-Email.jpg

This juicy IPA attributes its fruity flavor to the addition of not only the juice and zest of tangerines, but also the citrusy and tropical characteristics of Cascade and Zythos hops. This brew has just enough malt backbone to carry these fruit flavors without adding too much sweetness or body. With the effervescent aroma of juicy tangerines, and the bright floral flavors of the tropics, this beer is perfect for those hot and lazy summer days when all you want to do is relax with a cold beer. Enjoy! ;)

Tangerously Hoppy IPA Recipe

• Like 5

I love the New Belgium Citradelic IPA, so if this is even close I'd say it's a winner! :)

• Like 1

Mmmm, this sounds good. I'll bet it smells and tastes even better.

• Like 1

Talking about Tangerine, I got some Stone Citrousy Wit today. Did not try it yet but My daughter found it and though it looked interesting so I went & found it. ($11 ugh it had better be good.)

I just opened one. Smells the same as my Mandarin Wheat. ( I used Mandarina Bavaria and Amarillo too), It is more bitter than mine and that stays in the finish. decent mouth feel but not really creamy. I can't taste the Kaffir lime really (not that I tasted it before ) but can't identify anything unusual. I cannot distinctly identify Amarillo hop in it or Centennial with are supposed to be in it. OK, now I can taste the lime underneath, very subtle. Good if you like the bitterness to stay with you. A bit of pepperiness from the Mandarina hop in the finish too.

OK, It was too cold before, now the aroma is getting better as it warms - there is an added dimension to the aroma behind the tangerine.

Actually I like mine better - less bitter. (I will give the rest of Stone's to daughter - lol), but I will make another Mandarin Wheat batch with the WLP400 trub I have left in a few days and may put a bit more hop and some lime in.

I also got some Firestone Walker Easy Jack IPA just to see what that was like.

I brewed a chinnok ipa, substituted the chinnok out for waimea and azacca hops then befor bottling I added 4oz of tangerine extract to 5 gallons. really great tasting, probably should have added 20 oz of extract instead. but i'm curious about this one i'll probably order one of these to compare