Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

New Recipe - Foggy Days California Common!!

foggy.jpg

I'm sure most of you know our CSR, @MRB Tim. One of his favorite beers is Anchor Steam Lager so he wanted to clone it. While this beer didn't come out exactly like an Anchor Steam, it's still pretty damn close. We did a taste test during our employee "Thirsty Thursday" tastings, and everyone loved this beer (this is rare). It's a great representation of the California Common (aka, "steam beer") style.

We substituted the traditional Northern Brewer hops with Hallertau due to availability, but both hops are very similar and, in this recipe, they are intended mostly for balance rather than flavor. But if you wish to go traditional, it won't hurt to use NB hops instead.

Using a lager yeast at ale temps, this beer is easy to brew in the summer, but it can be enjoyed year-round. I highly recommend this recipe if you're a fan of California Common type lagers like Anchor Steam.

Get yours here: Foggy Days California Common

Cheers! :D

• Like 6

I had one of these (hopped with Northern Brewer) tonight and it was very good -- kind of a nice beer for these waning days of summer.?

• Like 1