Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Creeps McLane

Refractometer newb mistake

momentary lapse of reason last friday. I took my FG reading with a refractometer. Stop laughing. Its only slightly funny. I punched it in online with alcohol correction and was more please with my final ABV but the correction value is comstant? Or do i have to know the value? I have way higher hopes for this beer now

1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

momentary lapse of reason

I saw Pink Floyd i1993 in Dallas touring on that album!!!  so ur good with me anytime Creeps!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

I saw Pink Floyd i1993 in Dallas touring on that album!!!  so ur good with me anytime Creeps!!!

Momentary lapse of reason was after roger waters left right? Basically when they started going down hill. Animals is one of my favorite albums of all time. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BDawg62 said:

AC,

Try this calculator, yes you do need to know your correction factor.  This site has a spreadsheet that you can use to calculate what that factor is.  Problem with that is it takes about 5 brews to get it accurate.

http://www.brewersfriend.com/refractometer-calculator/

? ill just go with the default one because that put me at the exact FG om MRBs site. 

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 8:13 AM, Creeps McLane said:

Momentary lapse of reason was after roger waters left right? Basically when they started going down hill. Animals is one of my favorite albums of all time. 

I bought a high def recorded cd of pink Floyd a cd they've worked on for 20 years and finally finished it a few years back, the sound is truly amazing. talk about stress relieving music