Mr.Beer Community
rodderr@aol.com

Octoberfest Lagrr

Hi;

i realize it it might be a little late to start an Octoberberfest 'Lager'. The Lager' title on the Octoberfest extract cans started me thinking: Why are we using a 'dry ale' yeast?

- Any ideas; comments... Suggestions( (has someone tried a lager yeast, with the extract)?

Thanks?

on top of the the munich and Vienna malt, perle, halleratua, tradition, northern brewer are complimentary hops I've used in some combos bittering/aroma and knockout. my last marzen I added aromatic malt just for the heck of it, not a lot though. best to do is buy a cple of cans if u can, brew one as per normal recipe on the can, then go from there

3 hours ago, bocklover said:

Actually I kind of got lucky. We have to take the grand daughter to Albuquerque this weekend to get her a viola for her newest school elective. So going to hit up the home brew stores while I'm there. And one of them on the list is a Mr Beer dealer so I can get the Golden LME thats needed for the recipe.

• Like 1

It's lager in name only, as you noted your using ale yeast. As to late, well I'm brewing one next week to be ready for the Ft Benning Oktoberfest, Oct 22 & 23. Our local brew club gets a cabin out there so we all go by swap beers, have a couple.