Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
RIVER

New Guy Upstate New York

Welcome aboard, River.  What part of Upstate NY?  I was born in Plattsburgh, but left very young as my father was in the Air Force.

And yes, that's the way it begins.  I only have one LBK, so I can only create a batch every 3-4 weeks, but eagerly await Black Friday/Christmas/end of year sales to stock up on hardware and kits

7 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Welcome aboard, River.  What part of Upstate NY?  I was born in Plattsburgh, but left very young as my father was in the Air Force.

And yes, that's the way it begins.  I only have one LBK, so I can only create a batch every 3-4 weeks, but eagerly await Black Friday/Christmas/end of year sales to stock up on hardware and kits

I live about 3 hours south in Saratoga County. Do you ever get back to Plattsburg beautiful country up there in the Adirondacks!?!

38 minutes ago, RIVER said:

I live about 3 hours south in Saratoga County. Do you ever get back to Plattsburg beautiful country up there in the Adirondacks!?!

No.  Understand that with my father being in the military, we moved often, and I left Plattsburg before I was one year old.  I remember nothing about it.  Would be a nice trip but a bit of a distance since I live in Louisville KY

Welcome to River. I'm on Long Island - which is very different from the rest of NY state. Smart of you to start simple and slow. You'll make some fine beer.