Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bonsai & Brew

Oktoberfest Brew Moon!

I celebrated the beginning of Oktoberfest by brewing a couple of recipes today, a Munich Dunkelschwarzbier and an Oktoberfest-based Red Ale.  I pitched Safale US-05 on the Red Ale as the full moon was setting this morning and Saflager W-34/70 on the Dunkel as the moon came up tonight.?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

here I have this marzen keg aging a little since march, want to tap into it next month, but i'm on 7 days/ week sept thru oct. I'm not going to allow myself  not enjoy one of my most favorite homebrews, so I may tap it when I unexpectedly get a weekend off! the foreman has heard every excuse in the industry, so I need a really good plan! Any ideas????

so in the meantime, my local liquor store has around 260 varieties of beers, and this year they're debuting 18 selected octoberfest/ octoberfest /marzens from many breweries in the U.S., and abroad. so far my favorite is Ruhr Sons out of Fort Worth, Tx. 7.1% rich and smooth, i'm drinking the sierra Nevada brewed with wheat, not bad, but not my favorite

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HoppySmile! said:

here I have this marzen keg aging a little since march, want to tap into it next month, but i'm on 7 days/ week sept thru oct. I'm not going to allow myself  not enjoy one of my most favorite homebrews, so I may tap it when I unexpectedly get a weekend off! the foreman has heard every excuse in the industry, so I need a really good plan! Any ideas????

Kegged Marzen sounds great!  You don't have to drink it all at once though, right?;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Kegged Marzen sounds great!  You don't have to drink it all at once though, right?;)

no! but mu roommate would think so!!!, when I tap into it, i'll have to monitor it, that guy can put away the beer. all this extra craft beer I bought recently, about 2 cases worth, I told him to drink  instead of my homebrew. 2 cases would At Least last me a week!, 2 cases would probably hold him over for a night or two... probably gonna have to put a dead bolt lock on my room to store my beer, sad, huh? and it's my house lol!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

no! but mu roommate would think so!!!, when I tap into it, i'll have to monitor it, that guy can put away the beer. all this extra craft beer I bought recently, about 2 cases worth, I told him to drink  instead of my homebrew. 2 cases would At Least last me a week!, 2 cases would probably hold him over for a night or two... probably gonna have to put a dead bolt lock on my room to store my beer, sad, huh? and it's my house lol!

As much as I trust duct tape for all my home repair solutions, this probably wouldn't work then: ;)

image.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

Hoppy, I think you've found your doppelgänger!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:20 AM, HoppySmile! said:

Ruhr Sons out of Fort Worth

correction, it's spelled Rahr