Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
John K.

Dark Creme Ale recipe question

I'm going to make a Dark Creme Ale. Is there a limit too the amount of grains that can be used for a 2 gallon batch?

Here is the recipe that I have come up with. 

CAL HME, 1 lb Muntons Dark DME, 4oz. Flaked Corn, 4oz 2 row, 4oz. Chocolate malt, 1/2 oz. Willamette hops 15 minute boil and Nottingham yeast.

Is this too much grain? Should I use less or will it be ok? Thanks in advance for your input!

That's a good question John -- I've wondered too if it is possible to overdo it with the grains.  Too bad that Josh and the MRB staff get to take Thursday afternoons off to sample beer!! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John K. said:

I'm going to make a Dark Creme Ale. Is there a limit too the amount of grains that can be used for a 2 gallon batch?

Here is the recipe that I have come up with. 

CAL HME, 1 lb Muntons Dark DME, 4oz. Flaked Corn, 4oz 2 row, 4oz. Chocolate malt, 1/2 oz. Willamette hops 15 minute boil and Nottingham yeast.

Is this too much grain? Should I use less or will it be ok? Thanks in advance for your input!

Looks good to me. You generally want to stay at 12 oz or under for a 2 gallon partial mash recipe. Looks like it will be a good recipe. I wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Looks good to me. You generally want to stay at 12 oz or under for a 2 gallon partial mash recipe. Looks like it will be a good recipe. I wouldn't change a thing.

Multi-tasking?;)

1 minute ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Multi-tasking?;)

We had our tasting yesterday. It moves sometimes if everyone can't be there. But we did have a mini-tasting this morning of some coffee stouts because today is National Coffee Day. :)

• Like 4