Mr.Beer Community

Exciting next couple of days of brewing for me --

Bottling the Canadian Blonde refill tonight -- 4 740ml bottles, 5 1/2 liter bottles with 5ml of Pineapple Brewer's Extract, and 5 1/2 liter bottles with 5ml of Apricot Brewer's Extract to have a mix of blonde ale, pineapple blonde ale, and apricot blonde ale ready in a month.

Tomorrow I'm going to crack open the first of my Orange Spiced Pumpkin Lager I brewed back in the beginning of August.

Sunday I'm going to brew the St. Patrick's Irish Stout refill adding 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa.  Plan for this at bottling time is dividing it up between some bottles of chocolate stout, some bottles of peanut butter chocolate stout (adding 5ml of PB brewer's extract at bottling), and some bottles of dark espresso stout (adding an oz of dark coffee at bottling).

Who's excited for me???

Don't all exclaim out loud at once....  :)

Kevin

• Like 2

Sounds like a good, beery weekend!

Reading posts like these makes me really want to get another LBK.  I've got three recipes ready to go (Australian Sparkling, That Voodoo You Do, and a Porter I'm going to make with some leftover grains and hops and a Robust LME) but am only three days in to having the Lock, Stock, and Barrel Stout fermenting.

Patience, Grasshopper...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MiniYoda said:

Very exited here.  Is the Orange Spiced Pumpkin Lager your own recipe?

Yes - just a slight tweak on the Mr. Beer Punkin Lager recipe.  Details are in my signature.

Kevin

? For you, Kevin.  My goal is 15 gallons all done tomorrow.

Smoked Porter

Caribou Slobber

Red Brick Amber Ale

...and go juniper berry picking in preparation of my Juniper Berry IPA.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, AnthonyC said:

? For you, Kevin.  My goal is 15 gallons all done tomorrow.

Smoked Porter

Caribou Slobber

Red Brick Amber Ale

...and go juniper berry picking in preparation of my Juniper Berry IPA.

That is a LOT of bottling - or maybe you are kegging?

No, I don't have any kegs.  They're going to ride out the entire journey going from primary to secondary to bottle.  I have to get them done b/c I want them for Christmas.  One thing that I've come to realize is there really is no such thing as 3wks bottle conditioning.  If you want the beer to be at it's best, conditioning needs to at least 2mths.  This excludes IPA's.  I suppose that the timing is a matter of opinion though.

• Like 2

I'm going to spend the weekend going mad science.  Three LBK's waiting, and a shipment from Mr. Beer will keep me busy.  One will be a CAL with a LME, one CAL without a LME, and one experiment on a chocolate/peanut butter porter.  I'll explain more on my The Saga Begins thread.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MiniYoda said:

I'm going to spend the weekend going mad science.  Three LBK's waiting, and a shipment from Mr. Beer will keep me busy.  One will be a CAL with a LME, one CAL without a LME, and one experiment on a chocolate/peanut butter porter.  I'll explain more on my The Saga Begins thread.

I'm trying to get some PB2 in. This is a dry peanut butter powder that is perfect for beer because the oils have been removed. Stay tuned...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

I'm trying to get some PB2 in. This is a dry peanut butter powder that is perfect for beer because the oils have been removed. Stay tuned...

not sure about your neck of the woods, but PB2 was easily found at a local Walmart

I think Josh wants to get it at wholesale prices and mark it up to make a profit...  ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickBeer said:

I think Josh wants to get it at wholesale prices and mark it up to make a profit...  ;)

ur joshing me, right?

• Like 1

On 10/2/2016 at 6:27 AM, RickBeer said:

SHHHHHHH!!! :ph34r:

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:18 AM, MRB Josh R said:

Can get it here. My wife got some somewhere.  I had better not use that bottle.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:01 PM, HoppySmile! said:

ur joshing me, right?

Ba-dump-dump!! :)