Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JoshR

NEW RECIPES - Austin Pils and Suava Java!!

gabf.jpg

gabf2.jpg

Introducing 2 new recipes based on 2 Great American Beer Festival 2016 Gold Medal winning beers.

The Suava Java is based on "Gusto Crema", a coffee cream ale from Georgetown Brewing Co. in Seattle that won Gold in the 2016 GABF coffee beer category. While you can use any coffee in this beer, I HIGHLY recommend using medium roast cold-brewed coffee for best results. The coffee flavor should be there, but not too overpowering or astringent. Medium roast cold-brew will be best for this.

The Austin Pils is based on "Industry Pils", a German-style pilsner from Austin Beer Garden Brewing Company. It won Gold in the 2016 GABF German pilsner category. More hop forward than your average pilsner, but since it only uses German Hallertau hops, it's very floral and spicy with a subtle bitterness and clean finish. Very well-balanced, in my opinion, but a little hoppier than a typical lager. 

Get yours here:

Suava Java

Austin Pils

• Like 3

Unfortunately, I'm not a coffee drinker...not fond of the flavor, so Suava Java is out for me.

I'd like to try the Austin Pils, but I'm not at the state in my skills to steep the grains yet.  Maybe in the near future.

Still, excellent work on these.  Keep these great recipes coming

• Like 1

You had me at "Paulaner Pils".  I drank a lot of that stuff when stationed in Germany.