Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stroomer420

batch priming

anyone ever make up their sugar water for batch priming ahead of time ?? Then store it until ya need it,, just curious,waiting forever for mime to cool down...

No.  Fertile ground for infection.

Here's what I do:

1) Sanitize pot and lid.

2) Fill bigger pot with 2" of ice cubes and a little water.

3) Boil a cup of water (I do it on the stove, some do it in a measuring cup in the microwave), and stir in the sugar while it's coming to a boil.  After boiling for a minute or so, I cover and put it in the bigger pot to cool.

4) Sanitize bottles.

4.5) Remove pot from cooling pot, WIPE off the water on the bottom/sides.

5) Add solution to slimline / 2nd LBK (it's plenty cool after you've sanitized 2 cases of bottles (if you only use the 1 liter bottles, then it may not be plenty cool).  I actually sanitize bottles for 5 gallons, and do two 2.5 gallon LBKs, so I make up two solutions, one goes in the cooling pot, the other cools by the time I am ready for it).

6) Fill with LBK's contents, gently stirring 1/2 way and when done.

7) Fill 8 bottles.  Gently stir.  Fill 8 bottles.  Repeat. 

• Like 2

Not a dumb question.  It really depends on what you are storing it in and for how long and how clean you are with it. 

I have done my boil (10 minutes) and then poured it into a sanitized mason jar while it was still hot (above 170).  By doing this you are putting a sanitized solution into a sanitized vessel and then sealing it.  I have stored it for a day or two with no issues.

• Like 1