Mr.Beer Community
Jarb67

Chocolate IPA

So I've decided I wanted to try to make a chocolate IPA. I have the basic kit for the Brew De Alezebub with an extra pack of hops and two ounces of cocoa nibs. Does anybody have any suggestions on the boil. I was thinking 5 minute with first set of hops, then 5 minutes with the second set of hops then stop the boil and put the cocoa nibs and the lme in. I don't want the chocolate to be overpowering just sort of an undertone.

Never heard of a chocolate IPA before.  If you decide to brew the Brew de Ale ze Bub straight up, I can vouch for its greatness!  Welcome to the forums btw. :)

Let me know how this one goes!!

I would use unsweetened cocoa powder at flame out. Cocoa nibs tinture at 7 days into ferment. Did this with a porter i did. Was good

So the mad scientist in me took over and I decided to start this off with a cold steeped pale chocolate malt. It turned out to be nothing like I had p!aned, but a good beer nonetheless. I would put it as more of a porter, dark, roasty and very robust. Looking for my next recipe, might even stick to it.

I took the Diablo and added four ounces of cocoa nibs (five min boil) and four ounces of lactose sugar,,, that was my chocolate IPA .. and I thought it was quite nice.. Just chocolaty enough ....good luck on your next venture... ?

• Like 1