Mr.Beer Community
RL46219

Abbreviations

I'm also a new brewer. Got an IPA kit for Christmas and ordered my bottles From Mr Brew through Amazon. 

Anyway I see all these abbreviations and I don't have any idea what they mean in all these posts. Is there an explanation somewhere and does anyone have some unprinted advice from their experience?

Thanks. 

RDWHAHB - Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew

SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed

What abbreviations specifically?

Advice? I have 3 pieces of advice. 1) Patience 2) Temperature control 3) Read the links in RickBeer's signature (most every question you might have as a beginner will be covered in one of those links).

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RL46219 said:

I'm also a new brewer. Got an IPA kit for Christmas and ordered my bottles From Mr Brew through Amazon. 

Anyway I see all these abbreviations and I don't have any idea what they mean in all these posts. Is there an explanation somewhere and does anyone have some unprinted advice from their experience?

Thanks. 

Post up a list of them.  We'll give you answers, and then maybe we can get one of the moderators to make an "Abbreviation" sticky.

• Like 1

welcome to the hobby.... What you'll come to find out and will hear and read is.. Just make sure you practice good sanitizing , check your temp when pitching your yeast(pitching just a fancy term for putting your yeast in) if you use refrigerated water you shouldn't have a problem with that, and as stated temperature control,, three weeks in the LBK little brown keg in the mid 60s is usually works best.... Best advice is be patient, patience is the best advice....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Wtf

BK

lmfao

OG

FG

ATCQ

RTJ

Wtf - Where's the fire

BK - Burger King

Lmfao- lost my footing again ouch

OG - Original Gangsta

FG- field goal

Atcq - attach that copy quick

Rtj- really tough job

:D

• Like 1

Welcome :lol:

More abbreviations commonly used:

HME hopped malt extract - the Mr Beer can.

DME dried malt extract - the powdered kind   - equivalent to  80% of LME by weight (LME has 20% water approx.)

4 hours ago, Ron Howard Dawson said:

EPO- emergency protective order

TRO- temporary restraining order

(been learning these the hard way)

Could you PLEASE be Hoppy's roommate!!?? 

Oh my God... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

RL- Welcome to the forum. Most of us will give you a straight answer (unless we have been drinking the green wort like Creeps has!)

• Like 1