Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
RIVER

Stout

Well I bottled a stout on 2/25/17 and I tried one last Friday which was Conditioning 2 weeks. And I have to say it was a very zero carbed mess of a stout!! I also have to say that I only made this for peeps that hang at my cellar bar and regularly enjoy stouts...............I am not a fan!

I cracked one tonight after bottling another Diablo IPA probably the fifth which everyone enjoys. I have to say even though I do not usually enjoy stouts and now after 3 weeks in the bottle and finally carbed this tastes pretty damn good! 

Gotta give it 3 weeks I suppose I have been trying at two weeks most suck 3-4-3 is defenately the way to go on all recipes for me so far.

IMG_1361.JPG

• Like 3

with a stout, the longer you condition, the better.  Those are "patience is a virtue" type of beer

• Like 2

Yea I'm finding that out with certain basic recipes. I brewed the BAV also the same day as the stout. Tried that also last week.........uuuuuuugh it sucked! Tonight holy cripes even at my cellar temp In my old school Schiltz glass it is tasting awesome!!!!

image.jpg

• Like 2

Wait it's been 4 weeks not 3 weeks conditioning!!! My bad I have had one toooooo many!

• Like 1

It this straight St. Pat Day stout? With booster or LME??

Did

Just now, RIVER said:

Wait it's been 4 weeks not 3 weeks conditioning!!! My bad I have had one toooooo many!

2 minutes ago, RIVER said:

No booster this is straight up!

I'm on a bit of a stout rampage the brewing season. Just bottled a slap hoppy stout. Next up is bottling a Lock Stock Loaded Barrel stout. I've got a few more in the brewing pipeline.

I think the stouts are ones you've got to go big and wait. Don't baby them. Get drunk, get crazy, and see what you come up with. But then be willing to wait for many moons.

All that being said....in my experience nothing in the Mr.B world is ready at two weeks!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RIVER said:

Yea I'm finding that out with certain basic recipes. I brewed the BAV also the same day as the stout. Tried that also last week.........uuuuuuugh it sucked! Tonight holy cripes even at my cellar temp In my old school Schiltz glass it is tasting awesome!!!!

image.jpg

Speaking of Schlitz, it's getting hard to get around here. Found some 40 miles away in 16 oz cans only. I kinda like it for nostalgia purposes. 1960's recipe.

• Like 1

the cycle repeats itself over and over ,,,you get to that last beer in a batch ,,,that's now been sitting around for a few months or so,,,,and its the best and you wish you just waited the whole time.... Happens to me all the time...?...

• Like 4