Mr.Beer Community
KaijuBrew

Mr Beer 2G Fermenter and Bottling Wand

I just got my Mr Beer 2G Fermenter and it looks like a seriously nice piece of equipment.  I am curious about using a bottling wand for bottling.

I have a bottling wand for my LBK that consists of rigid plastic and flexible tubing.  I understand that flexible tubing is not used with the 2G fermenter but I do not see how to get the rigid wand to lock into the 2G Fermenter spigot while bottling.

What am I missing?  Or does only the Mr Beer wand work with the 2G fermenter?  Thanks.

You will need to cut a small piece of flexible tubing and connect one end to the wand and gently push the other end to the spigot on the LBK.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BrianBrew said:

You will need to cut a small piece of flexible tubing and connect one end to the wand and gently push the other end to the spigot on the LBK.

I don't think @KaijuBrew is trying to connect the bottling wand to the LBK, I think he is trying to connect his LBK bottling wand to the brewmax 2 gallon fermenter, the bucket one.

The instructions for the 6 gallon one (which comes with a bottling wand) say that there is an adapter you attach to the wand and then insert into the spigot. 

It sounds like you can't just use your old wand.

You might want to reach out to Mr. Beer peeps and see if on your next order they can toss in an adapter.

Unless I am completely wrong in my reading of the instructions.

• Like 1

Thanks Mr. Why.  I am trying to use a standard bottling wand with the 2G fermenter.  So looks like I will need some sort of adapter or just bottle with out it.

I planned to brew today into the 2G fermenter so I won't need the bottling wand for 3 weeks.

Looking at my new 2G fermenter, I only see one clip for the lid too, so looks like I will be calling them on Monday for that too.

2 hours ago, BrianBrew said:

Thanks Brian.  I do that with the LBK and it works well.

I am just planning ahead to use the wand with the 2G.  Sounds like I need an adapter to get it to work with the 2G spigot.

• Like 1

The "new" spigots for the LBK apparently don't use that little plastic thing either.

The instructions for those say just stick the wand in it?

I have new spigots coming.

And since that stupid little washer thing for the bottling wand ran away yesterday, I'll be ordering a new wand as well.

8 minutes ago, MrWhy said:

The "new" spigots for the LBK apparently don't use that little plastic thing either.

And since that stupid little washer thing for the bottling wand ran away yesterday, I'll be ordering a new wand as well.

Well the wand I have does not stay in place in the 2G spigot.  I guess I will call them Monday.

Can I brew today with only one clip for the Krausen Collar?

1 minute ago, KaijuBrew said:

Well the wand I have does not stay in place in the 2G spigot.  I guess I will call them Monday.

Not sure...maybe one of the Joshes can help here..... @MRB Josh R @MRB Josh B 

17 minutes ago, KaijuBrew said:

Yes, you can brew with just one clip. And the bottling wand should fit if you have the tubing adapter, assuming it's this bottling wand. The tubing fits snugly into 2G's spigot.

Shoot me an email with your name, address, and phone number at customerservice@mrbeer.com today and I will get the replacement order started on the missing clip and the tubing adapter, if you need it. The order will ship out first thing Monday morning.

6 minutes ago, MRB Josh R said:

Yes, you can brew with just one clip. And the bottling wand should fit if you have the tubing adapter, assuming it's this bottling wand. The tubing fits snugly into 2G's spigot.

Shoot me an email with your name, address, and phone number at customerservice@mrbeer.com today and I will get the replacement order started on the missing clip and the tubing adapter, if you need it. The order will ship out first thing Monday morning.

Thanks!  Will do!

Thanks for all the help - with the 2G Fermenter I received my Funky Buddha - Hop Stimulator Double IPA kit!  I am very much looking forward to brewing it today!

I like that this kit came with printed instructions and even labels for the bottles!

I wanted the 2G fermenter for this recipe because it indicates that it can generate a lot of fermenting activity and it is easier to prevent overflows with the 2G than the LBK.

IMG_2725.jpg

• Like 3

@KaijuBrew

It sounds like you clip the tube thing to the bottling wand, and then stick that into the spigot?

I agree about the brewmax....I've been considering picking one up myself since I tend to try and go big or go home with my brews.

2 hours ago, MrWhy said:

Don't waste your money on a new wand, find my post with the part number from Lowe's / Home Depot for a entire box of those little black washers...

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Don't waste your money on a new wand, find my post with the part number from Lowe's / Home Depot for a entire box of those little black washers...

@RickBeer

You, good sir, are an amazing human being. I bow in awe.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 0:47 PM, Steve-Oh said:

I first saw this fridge online. So I went to Lowes with my tape measure in hand. They had several others on display but none of these on display or on the floor. They had 5 way up in the overhead boxed up. So they had to fork lift it down and cut open the box so I could measure the inside. It worked! 

2 hours ago, MRB Josh R said:

Thanks for the great customer service Josh R and for helping me out Mr Why.  I am brewing right now (writing during the partial mash 30 minute phase)!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrWhy said:

@RickBeer

You, good sir, are an amazing human being. I bow in awe.

Well, maybe, but I'm just a cheap son-of-a-b&#ch.  I lost one, and got the "go buy a new wand".  No way, went to HD or Lowe's and found them, then the other and found them too, and published the info here.  Of course, since that time I haven't lost any more.  I should offer them for sale for $2 with free shipping and profit greatly...

• Like 2

I lost my clips so I just use office binder clips.

I didn't like the wand as I got one with no spring and it dripped and it is another thing to clean - so I cut 1.5 inches off the tube and stuck it in the spigot spout. Now I can bottle without spilling, over the sink. I like the LBK  spigot  much better as it has a spout.

This is the LBK wand I think and the tube is tight but it will fit.

But that is just me.

When the LBK spigot washers start to look manky or I lose one, I use 5/8 inch garden hose washers.

• Like 1

I just used the 2 gallon brewmax and I love it. However, the bottling wand kept leaking in me and I ended up using the spigot with a funnel just to reduce the mess. I won't lie, I may have not put it in properly but I did it the way the Mr. Beer video demonstrated.