Mr.Beer Community
morriganpoe

Temp control on vacation

Hello folks,

I am a returning new brewer, brewed a couple, had issues, quit for a bit and have returned.  Was going to start a blackberry perry in my lbk but have to go away for 24 hours and was wondering if putting it into the fridge would be an issue. It would be Saturday thru till Sunday evening.   I was planning on a cooler with ice bottles in it but that would not work if I am not here to change em out.  Temp issues were part of my problems the first time around.  I would like the perry to be drinkable for my birthday Sept 3rd but I know that might be pushing it.  I'm so excited to get started again but I don't want to ruin the batch out of the gate. 

• Like 1

Why don't you just hold off until Sunday or Monday evening to brew the beer.

• Like 1

We won't be back till late late Sunday and Monday's are crazy. My son is autistic and his schedule is a pain but that may have to be the way of it. Was just hoping. How long should a perry condition ?  I know rule of thumb is 3- 4 weeks right?  

My other option may be to bring it to my sister's house. Her garage is consistently chilly.  Is moving it an issue?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, morriganpoe said:

Is moving it an issue?

Other than spilling, I can't see why it would be. Given the choice between the temperature problems and potential spilling, I guess I'd take the spill.

• Like 1

Thank you Tim. Thanks again for your help. Now I just have to decide if I am gonna wait and try to do it Monday.