Mr.Beer Community

Today I am having a Chili and beer tasting party.  My second such occasion.  The first party I had early in the spring was virtually all extract beer.  I have since branched out to virtually all partial mash recipes.  We shall see how these are received!   I find them much more balanced than my earlier efforts!

On hand will be:

- Sir Kenneth

- Dry River IPA

- Naughty Cream Ale

- Hop Stimulator

- Chug-a-lugger

- 1776 Ale

- Diablo

- Apple Brown Beery (about the only one my wife likes)

- Brown Bag special

- El Gordito

I seem to make the beer faster than I can drink it so a beer party is a good way to share the fun and drink down the inventory!

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4007.jpg

• Like 9

I should add - there is some API IPA in the chili base too!  This particular bottle failed to cabonate after several months so I threw in the towel and used it to cook with!

• Like 4

So - the hit of the party was Sir Kenneth Blonde Ale!  This is a very tasty recipe and quite impressive for its simplicity.  I am pretty much sold on partial mash for great tasting beer but this pulls it off with a very simple recipe.  

• Like 5

...I guess my invitation got lost in the mail.  Womp womp!  Jk...  sounds like a good time!  ????

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KaijuBrew said:

So - the hit of the party was Sir Kenneth Blonde Ale!  This is a very tasty recipe and quite impressive for its simplicity.  I am pretty much sold on partial mash for great tasting beer but this pulls it off with a very simple recipe.  

Glad to hear it. I've got my Sir Ken ready to go in the bottle today or tomorrow.

BTW, your chili looks great, nice variety of beans. I guess I know what I'll be cooking next time it's my turn.

Jim

4 hours ago, jasbo said:

Glad to hear it. I've got my Sir Ken ready to go in the bottle today or tomorrow.

BTW, your chili looks great, nice variety of beans. I guess I know what I'll be cooking next time it's my turn.

Jim

Thanks Jim - the Chili is a Cook's illustrated recipie for Chili Con Carne that is crowd pleaser every time.  Our kids enjoy Chili too and they are finally able to tolerate more spice in it.  Chili seems way more forgiving than beer for me and allows you to go all mad scientist on a batch and still have something great!

To the basic recipe (chili) I added Chick Peas, a splash of bourbon, a few oz of a winter ale home brew beer my brother made (over carbed), a few oz of Mr Beer API IPA I made that failed to carbonate (under carbed), and then various hot sauces (Red Hot, Tabasco, Siriacha, chicken wing sauce).  There is cumin, Garlic, Onion, red pepper, Cayenne in there too.  Some weird traditional add ins like Ketchup and a little brown sugar to balance the heat with a little hint of sweet.  Decades ago I made a Boy Scout recipe for Chili that had ketchup so I always add a hint of that.  And there is always just a little beer!

And of course, Mr. Beer to drink while you eat it!

My son liked it so much he heated some up in a thermos to take with him today!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

...I guess my invitation got lost in the mail.  Womp womp!  Jk...  sounds like a good time!  ????

Next time @AnthonyC!

• Like 1