Mr.Beer Community
Creeps McLane

Build me a recipe

Alright, i have a crap ton of ingredients. My challenge to you is to create the best recipe from what i have on hand. Im not promising, but if your recipe is the one i brew, i may send you some "yeast cultures". Im open to any batch size but im partial to 10 gallon all grain

Fermentables:

40 lbs marris otter

30 lbs pale malt

Malto dextrin 

Corn sugar

1 lb flaked corn

Northwest pale ale

Diablo IPA

Canadian Blonde 2

Briess sorghum 2

Amber candi sugar

Churchills nut brown ale

Yeasts:

Mexican lager liquid

Us-05

Belle saison

K-97

MJ empire ale

MJ bavarian wheat

MJ bohemian lager

Flavorings:

2 oz toasted oak chips

Hops:

Waimea 1 oz

Mandarina Bavaria 1 oz

Warrior 4

Galena 4

Polaris 4

Simcoe 3

Columbus 10

El dorado 2

Citra 9

Sorachi 1 

Cascade 11 oz

Loral 2 oz

Delta 2 oz

Apollo 2 oz

• Like 2

Hell yeah!!!!!

This is my type of deal.

What yeasts are we looking at here?

Nevermind - I see S-05 up there.

I'm on this.

• Like 1

Here is my entry -

The Somewhat Imperial IPA

20lbs Maris Otter

10lbs Pale

2lbs Amber candi sugar

(mash to your preference)

Hops-

2oz Columbus 60

1oz Warrior 60

2oz Citra 5

2oz Cascade 5

2oz El Dorado 5

1oz Waimea - flameout or dry (your preference)

S-05 yeast

I calculated a 75% efficiency and came up with OG 1.087, FG 1.013, using a 75% efficiency you get an ABV of 10%. IBU is 67, SRM is 12.

Goal is a flavorful malt, strong ABV, IBUs on the lower end of the Imperial IPA scale, but a lot of good tropical/floral notes from heavy late additions. I would have no problem upping the Citra or Cascade to 3 or 4 oz.......

I'm hoping the amber candi ups the ABV and dries it out a bit, adding to the drinkability.....if you have enough I would lower the pale and up the amber candi sugar, keeping it at AVB 10. Maybe 8 pounds pale, 3 pounds sugar. (Puts the sugar at 10% of the fermentables.)

• Like 1

I'd chime in but this is a little beyond my level.  I look over the list and would say "Brew up the Churchill's Nut Brown Ale.  That sounds tasty!"  :D:wacko:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Must be such a good recipe @MrWhy made that everyone else is scared to go up against it...

I can't work under this kind of pressure!!!

• Like 2

Ok, so if I do the "why so creepy" colab Ale I'll likely split it in half for a five gallon BIAB if it's ok with @MrWhy. I'll also add what I figure to be 3/4 lb of Malto dextrin if it's ok with him also.  Though I believe this will sweeten it a tad, I don't think I'll notice much. I need to get rid of that stuff, plain and simple. Otherwise no other revisions. I do like the lower cohumulone bittering hops and the nice juicy ones at the end. This is also a great recipe since I obviously need to dwindle down my inventory a bit. Brew day is set for Friday night. All other entries must be in before that or @MrWhy is running away with this competition 

• Like 3

I simply can't take this away from Mr. Why.  I mean look at that adorable face!   

IMG_0388.GIF

• Like 2

My hangup with this one is i would go at it like i would when i cook... little of this.. little of that...... hmm that sounds good... maybe a touch more of this... now lets add that.... oooo hey look i forgot i had that... throw it in... it would totally be a mad scientist brew with hopes it was drinkable at the end of it all....lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hotrod3539 said:

My hangup with this one is i would go at it like i would when i cook... little of this.. little of that...... hmm that sounds good... maybe a touch more of this... now lets add that.... oooo hey look i forgot i had that... throw it in... it would totally be a mad scientist brew with hopes it was drinkable at the end of it all....lol

Some of the greatest brews are born this way!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hotrod3539 said:

Oh, it never goes to waste... trust me

• Like 1

How about an easy drinking, summer-fermenting American-style Dampfbier with a light, spicy citrus bitterness?

Over the Humpfbier

5 Gal. Partial mash

Pale Malt, 8 lb.

Sorghum Liquid Extract, 1 lb.

Mandarina Bavaria, 1 oz, 45 min.

Delta hops, 1 oz, 5 min.

Mangrove Jack's M20 Bavarian Wheat yeast

Mash grain @ 154 F for an hour.

Sparge and boil.

Ferment @ 70 F with M20.

OG  1.051

SRM  ~4

IBU  ~20

• Like 3

Pillow Talk Pale

10 gallon batch

7 lbs maris otter

10 lbs pale malt

3/4 lb maltodextrin 

1 oz Citra - mash hop

1 oz Galena - 60

1 oz Columbus - 20

1 oz Amarillo - 10

1 oz Loral - Dry Hop

Safale US-05 

SRM ~3

IBU~47

1.046 OG

4.93 ABV

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Yes! Competition! Nice looking recipe @Bonsai & Brew. I guarantee that would a nice easy drinking beer. Perfect for a summer camp fire

Thanks, Creeps -- maybe add a little CaraAroma for body, color and aroma?

Without getting too far OT, I'd like to know more about that Sorghum extract -- I know that it is a popular malt for gluten-free beer, but what have you brewed with it?  Thx!

2 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Thanks, Creeps -- maybe add a little CaraAroma for body, color and aroma?

Without getting too far OT, I'd like to know more about that Sorghum extract -- I know that it is a popular malt for gluten-free beer, but what have you brewed with it?  Thx!

This was a very good beer. I highly recommend it. I dont think i ever did add the grapefruit zest

Intolerant Zombie 

Recipe   Intolerant Zombie   Style   American Pale Ale
Brewer       Batch   6.50 gal
Extract

Recipe Characteristics

Recipe Gravity   1.046 OG   Estimated FG   1.012 FG
Recipe Bitterness   72 IBU   Alcohol by Volume   4.5%
Recipe Color   11° SRM   Alcohol by Weight   3.5%

Ingredients

Quantity   Grain   Type   Use
1.00 lb   Candi Sugar, Amber (Belgian)   Sugar   Other
6.60 lb   Sorghum Liquid Extract   Extract   Extract
Quantity   Hop   Type   Time
1.00 oz   Cascade - Unmistakable grapefruit aroma and flavor, signature hop of many American ales   Pellet   45 minutes
1.00 oz   Citra - Musky tropical fruit and strong citrus make this a great flavor/aroma hop very fruity   Pellet   20 minutes
1.00 oz   Cascade - Unmistakable grapefruit aroma and flavor, signature hop of many American ales   Pellet   20 minutes
1.00 oz   Citra - Musky tropical fruit and strong citrus make this a great flavor/aroma hop very fruity   Pellet   10 minutes
1.00 oz   Cascade - Unmistakable grapefruit aroma and flavor, signature hop of many American ales   Pellet   10 minutes
1.00 oz   Citra - Musky tropical fruit and strong citrus make this a great flavor/aroma hop very fruity   Pellet   5 minutes
1.00 oz   Falconers Flight 7c's- Aroma - Strong Fruit and citrus with layers of spicy nd earthty overtones   Pellet   0 minutes
Quantity   Misc   Notes
1.00 unit   Grapefruit Zest   Other   Soak in liquor for 48 hours prior to adding to fermenter. Add zest and liquor
1.00 unit   Safale S-04 Dry Ale Yeast   Yeast   English: Temperature Range: 59°-75° F medium attenuation with medium to high flocculation

Recipe Notes

Dry Hop with 7 C's and grapefruit zest at day 5
Have to do 6.5 Gallons to get a session ABV
Start @ 8 gallons of water to allow for boil off and trub

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, Creeps McLane said:

Alright, i have a crap ton of ingredients. My challenge to you is to create the best recipe from what i have on hand. Im not promising, but if your recipe is the one i brew, i may send you some "yeast cultures". Im open to any batch size but im partial to 10 gallon all grain

Fermentables:

40 lbs marris otter

30 lbs pale malt

Malto dextrin 

Corn sugar

1 lb flaked corn

Northwest pale ale

Diablo IPA

Canadian Blonde 2

Briess sorghum 2

Amber candi sugar

Churchills nut brown ale

Yeasts:

Mexican lager liquid

Us-05

Belle saison

K-97

MJ empire ale

MJ bavarian wheat

MJ bohemian lager

Flavorings:

2 oz toasted oak chips

Hops:

Waimea 1 oz

Mandarina Bavaria 1 oz

Warrior 4

Galena 4

Polaris 4

Simcoe 3

Columbus 10

El dorado 2

Citra 9

Sorachi 1 

Cascade 11 oz

Loral 2 oz

Delta 2 oz

Apollo 2 oz

It's my lunch break and I'm just sitting here looking at this wondering if we are all missing the hidden gem of a recipe.  And where is @MRB Tim's entry?

• Like 1

Just now, Bonsai & Brew said:

And where is @MRB Tim's entry?

Haven't had time to give it the thought it deserves, but I will get around to it one of these days.

2 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

It's my lunch break and I'm just sitting here looking at this wondering if we are all missing the hidden gem of a recipe.  And where is @MRB Tim's entry?

..the missing ingredient is LOVE.  ?❤️ 

• Like 1

Just now, MRB Tim said:

Haven't had time to give it the thought it deserves, but I will get around to it one of these days.

You may have to contact @Creeps McLane and ask for an extension -- I think the deadline is today, but what time?  The perfect recipe may come to me driving home from work today!

I totally missed the deadline part! @Creeps McLane lemme know what's left over and I'll make something good with the scraps.

Ok... so im a very indecisive person and am having a tough time with what i want to brew. Lots of variables right now.

Should i BIAB outside tonight and be limited to a 5 gallon batch? Its supposed to be like 56 degrees tonight. 

Should i brew inside and tidy up the brew cave inbetween the process and do a 10 gallon batch?

the recipes also play a part too. I dont have the ingredients to turn @Bonsai & Brew's recipe into a 10. @MrWhy i could do either or but id prefer to only make 5 of a double ipa. 

More on the recipes. I was all about the ipa since it was posted. However... its not a style i typically enjoy. I like lower abv beers a lot better. My other problem is im wondering if with such a large grain bill will the hops be enough to offset the sweet of the grain. 67 ibu is pretty high i guess. Not sure. I still have to think on this one. I also like that i can do some serious inventory reduction with this recipe. Thats a huge positive for me.

the dampfbier looks like a solid beer. I guess the only downfall is i cant make it 10 gallons. Id have to get more hops. 

This is community effort. What do yall think?

• Like 1

The hops in that ipa actually look pretty darn good. I take back thinking they wouldn't be enough to power through the malt. 

I have chosen. Ps, i guess i only have 1 lb of the candi sugar and i upped the aroma hops. You said it was ok. If were gonna do this then lets do this eh?

IMG_4067.JPG

• Like 2

Looks awesome!

My hope is that this is going to be more strong and hoppy and less bitter......

I am having brewer second thoughts....should some of those late addtion/aroma hops hit the 10 mark?????

1.5 citra@10

1.5 cascade@10

1.5 el dorado@10

1.5 ctira@5

1.5 cascade @5

1.5 el dorado @5

1 oz waimea dry.........

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MrWhy said:

Looks awesome!

My hope is that this is going to be more strong and hoppy and less bitter......

I am having brewer second thoughts....should some of those late addtion/aroma hops hit the 10 mark?????

1.5 citra@10

1.5 cascade@10

1.5 el dorado@10

1.5 ctira@5

1.5 cascade @5

1.5 el dorado @5

1 oz waimea dry.........

Theyre already weighed out into one oz packs. If you want to do a last minute revision id keep them to full oz measurments

its your recipe, im just brewing it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creeps McLane said:

Theyre already weighed out into one oz packs. If you want to do a last minute revision id keep them to full oz measurments

its your recipe, im just brewing it

Ha! I though it was your recipe I was making for you!!!

If it is mine.....

3oz cascade @ 9

3oz el dorado @ 7

3oz citra@ 5

3oz waimea@ flameout.

That is what I would do.

• Like 1

Really testing the limits of my system here @MrWhy. I think i ended up mashing with 9-10 gallons of water. Not too big of a surprise though. I have an elevated false bottom in my MT to compensate for the heating element. That kettle is freaking full though... damn, look at all that grain!

IMG_4069.JPG

• Like 1

Putting my boy to sleep while im 90 minutes into my mash. Im sure i said this but my last beer i mashed for 8 hours. Completely temp controlled on a recirculating pump so i dont have much to worry about. Crazy efficiency and i can mash in right after work or when i get a spare moment. Then after the kids go to sleep i start my sparge water rather than my strike water.  Ive noticed that the mash gets super thin after sitting for that long. Thats why im mashing below 150 tonight cuz i knew it would be in there for over an hour. Its all calculated madness.

• Like 2

Not expecting to hit my OG. Every time i use two track grain i fall a bit short. Preboil gravity of 1.052, well see where were at in an hour. 

So many hops im going back to the hop filter. Ill do @kedogn's experiment and see what temp is inside of that thing while boiling. 

I hit my preboil volume of 12 gallons so that is nice. Patiently waiting on the protein hot break currently. 11pm.

a few more pics, cuz why not. This is @MrWhy's beer. Im just brewing it

first runnings, fly sparging, #shimsaresohandy

IMG_4076.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4080.JPG

IMG_4081.JPG

• Like 4

Chapter 7. Hot break. Its like this for you non 60 min boil people. 

Slight foam turns to bubbling thick foam than promises to boil over unless you do something about it. Kill heat, foam diminishes, jack up heat, foams like crazy, kill heat, foam diminishes, half heat, foam slowly appears, kill heat, simmer, flicking patiently between no heat and various levels of heat your comfortable with until all of a sudden, no foam. Hell yes, set the clock for 60 min people! Were boiling!!!! Fear of boil over reduces to 20%, ill even walk away at this point with a confidence that very well might bite me in the ass. Elapsed time 15 min of heart racing danger. Crack a vitamin water. Gotta stay hydrated in tough times like these. 

PS, hop filter directly over the element, 6 inch probe. Shows 210ish. Im ok with that. Weird it doesnt boil right there but its hot enough to. 

• Like 2

Ok so I deviated a little bit. Heres how. 

20 min addition of 1 oz of citra, cascade and el dorado

10 min addition of 1 oz of citra, cascade and eldorado

hop stand at 170 with 1 oz citra and cascade

also noteworthy just so you know how stressful the last leg was:

yeast nutrient at 10

whirlfloc at 15

candi sugar at 10

maltodextrin at 10

i think thats it.

current status: hop stand 12:41 am

then chill and pitch yeast

• Like 2

I didn't really contribute much (w/the exception of LOVE) to this recipe Creepy, but I have a name for you:  Creeps Never Sleeps Ale.  Get some sleep ya brewin' ass vampire!  ? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AnthonyC said:

I didn't really contribute much (w/the exception of LOVE) to this recipe Creepy, but I have a name for you:  Creeps Never Sleeps Ale.  Get some sleep ya brewin' ass vampire!  ? 

2 am i finally crawled in bed. Keep in mind i was up at three for work yesterday too. Wife let me sleep in until 8 today which is nice. Brew days always go long. Thats the downfall to all grain

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

2 am i finally crawled in bed. Keep in mind i was up at three for work yesterday too. Wife let me sleep in until 8 today which is nice. Brew days always go long. Thats the downfall to all grain

You aren't kiddin', Creepy!  I never realized how time consuming AG is, but the end result is OH SO GOOD!!!

• Like 2

I just spent the morning sipping coffee, living through the brew with each post!

I don't know if we still give out the "brewer of the month" award, but I'm giving it to you!

That was an epic brew write up.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Brew days always go long. Thats the downfall to all grain

Yup, tell me about it lol :)

Great write up, thank you for sharing!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

24 hours into the yeast orgy session

IMG_4107.JPG

Sockets to hold down the lid on the BMB??? That is pure genius!! I will have to give that a try once i resume brewing (with the temps seeming to cool down some early that may be sooner that i thought) 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2017 at 4:19 PM, Creeps McLane said:

Fermentables:

20 lbs marris otter

20 lbs pale malt

Corn sugar

1 lb flaked corn

Northwest pale ale

Diablo IPA

Canadian Blonde 2

Briess sorghum 2

Churchills nut brown ale

Yeasts:

Mexican lager liquid

Us-05

Belle saison

K-97

MJ empire ale

MJ bavarian wheat

MJ bohemian lager

Flavorings:

2 oz toasted oak chips

Hops:

Tahoma - 3 oz

HBC 438 1 oz

Mandarina Bavaria 1 oz

Warrior 3

Galena 4

Polaris 4

Simcoe 3

Columbus 8

Citra 6

Sorachi 1 

Cascade 8 oz

Loral 2 oz

Delta 2 oz

Apollo 2 oz

Im extremely excited about the beer that i have fermenting right now thanks to @MrWhy. Truth be told, thats the first time in history ive brewed 10 gallons of one thing and not split it with different yeasts and dry hopping. 

The above list is updated. Round two. Give me a recipe and i will make it worth your while if you have the best one. This round you have some time. Brew day is set for August 25th. Deadline is 8-25-17 @ 12:00 noon.

You know me. Appeal to my likes and goodies may arrive at your door step. 

• Like 3

@Creeps McLane I'm not wanting to "steal" your idea, so I am asking if it's ok that I do. :) 

I love this idea so much, I would really enjoy doing something similar, then getting it on tap at Manfish Brewing and possibly a local bar.  Full recipe by everyone here who wants to give suggestions and a name voted on by those who want to participate.  You cool with that? 

For the record, I probably won't start the process until next month as I have several beers in line that I "have to" brew (there's that phrase again) that will take the next few weeks already. 

Overall, I just think it would be wicked cool. :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Im extremely excited about the beer that i have fermenting right now thanks to @MrWhy. Truth be told, thats the first time in history ive brewed 10 gallons of one thing and not split it with different yeasts and dry hopping. 

The above list is updated. Round two. Give me a recipe and i will make it worth your while if you have the best one. This round you have some time. Brew day is set for August 25th. Deadline is 8-25-17 @ 12:00 noon.

Round 2 of 'What's in Creeps' Cupboard?'!!  I'm in!:D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kedogn said:

@Creeps McLane I'm not wanting to "steal" your idea, so I am asking if it's ok that I do. :) 

I love this idea so much, I would really enjoy doing something similar, then getting it on tap at Manfish Brewing and possibly a local bar.  Full recipe by everyone here who wants to give suggestions and a name voted on by those who want to participate.  You cool with that? 

For the record, I probably won't start the process until next month as I have several beers in line that I "have to" brew (there's that phrase again) that will take the next few weeks already. 

Overall, I just think it would be wicked cool. :) 

I would be honored 

2 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

I would be honored 

Awesome. I will circle back to this in a few weeks when I know I will have a conical open and we'll do it.  Thanks. :) 

• Like 2

On August 7, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Creeps McLane said:

You asked for it Creeps!

image.png

image.jpeg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

You asked for it Creeps!

image.png

image.jpeg

I like this one cuz its a good way to use up a hop im not really sure what to do with. And it will be completely showcased  since its a SMaSH. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

I like this one cuz its a good way to use up a hop im not really sure what to do with. And it will be completely showcased  since its a SMaSH. 

Chicago and Detroit have to get their own beer.B)

• Like 1

@Creeps McLane Was that K-97 there before?  Anyway, I crafted a partial extract 10 gal. variation of a Blonde for your perusal:

Pale malt, 12 lbs.

Canadian Blonde HME, 3.74 lbs.

Warrior hops (15.4% AA) 0.5 oz., 60 min.

Mandarina Bavaria hops, 1 oz. @ flame-out

Safale K-97

Mash malt @ 152 F for an hour.

Mash-out @ 168 F.  Sparge.

90 min. boil.  HMEs @ flame-out.

Ferment @ 60 F.

OG 1.046

IBU 19

SRM 4

Blonde Warrior Ale??

image.jpeg

• Like 4

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:00 PM, Bonsai & Brew said:

@Creeps McLane Was that K-97 there before?  Anyway, I crafted a partial extract 10 gal. variation of a Blonde for your perusal:

Blonde Warrior Ale??

image.jpeg

Armor?

Ha.........

Double-standards-comic-illustrations

• Like 5

On 8/9/2017 at 7:00 PM, Bonsai & Brew said:

Pale malt, 12 lbs.

Safale K-97

Ferment @ 60 F.

OG 1.046

IBU 19

SRM 4

Blonde Warrior Ale??

I have been staring at this recipe for days now. Playing over in my mind how that brew day would go.  As i think about it I start asking myself other questions. Could I split the batch in two fives and do two blonde hme in one and the NWPA in the other? The blonde would now be a higher abv and all but does it matter? Id keep the k-97 with the blonde. Then lager yeast for the NWPA

I have been staring at this recipe for days now. Playing over in my mind how that brew day would go.  As i think about it I start asking myself other questions. Could I split the batch in two fives and do two blonde hme in one and the NWPA in the other? The blonde would now be a higher abv and all but does it matter? Id keep the k-97 with the blonde. Then lager yeast for the NWPA

Sure, or use the US-05 on the NWPA with a little Simcoe dry-hop?  Now you've got me thinking again...;).

Or you could wait until @MrWhy, @MRB Tim, and others finally show their cards, and post their recipes.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

Sure, or use the US-05 on the NWPA with a little Simcoe dry-hop?  Now you've got me thinking again...;).

Or you could wait until @MrWhy, @MRB Tim, and others finally show their cards, and post their recipes.

Theyre scared ? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Theyre scared ? 

Just easily distracted, I swear!

I guess I was thinking you should do a hoppy Saison, but I haven't been able to figure out how to work in the grains. It occurs to me that, strictly speaking, you wouldn't *have* to add any, but the whole point of the exercise is to use this stuff up. The pale is the obvious choice, but that's kind of boring, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MRB Tim said:

I guess I was thinking you should do a hoppy Saison, but I haven't been able to figure out how to work in the grains. It occurs to me that, strictly speaking, you wouldn't *have* to add any, but the whole point of the exercise is to use this stuff up. The pale is the obvious choice, but that's kind of boring, no?

Youre really quite limited with the grains, the hme / lme almost has to save you. 

3 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Though ive never made a hoppy saison before... Thats interesting 

I kinda like the sound of it. 

Dry hopped the "why so creepy?" Ipa tonight and transferred 5 gallons of it to secondary. It must be the fermonster is a different plastic than the big mouth bubbler. Every time I split a batch one looks so much different than the other. 

Any who, the original recipe called to dry hop with 1 oz waimea, however, this is a special beer. Special beers call for more effort. Each fermenter got half an oz of waimea, warrior and simcoe. @MrWhy and Creeps Mclane do not mess around with second rate beer. 

But in all serious, ive been hearing so much about blending hops for dry hopping and i thought id give it a go. Nothing i do is without at least 1% education 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Creeps McLane said:

Though ive never made a hoppy saison before... Thats interesting 

I really liked the cascade with my saison. 

Dry hopped the "why so creepy?" Ipa tonight and transferred 5 gallons of it to secondary. It must be the fermonster is a different plastic than the big mouth bubbler. Every time I split a batch one looks so much different than the other. 

Any who, the original recipe called to dry hop with 1 oz waimea, however, this is a special beer. Special beers call for more effort. Each fermenter got half an oz of waimea, warrior and simcoe. @MrWhy and Creeps Mclane do not mess around with second rate beer. 

But in all serious, ive been hearing so much about blending hops for dry hopping and i thought id give it a go. Nothing i do is without at least 1% education 

Nice!

I would love to work with Warrior more again. I think it sounds like a great addition to a dry hop mix.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bonsai & Brew said:

I've been sitting this one out. I felt it wouldn't be fair to jump in....I wouldn't want to end up being a two time recipe winner.

9 hours ago, MrWhy said:

I've been sitting this one out. I felt it wouldn't be fair to jump in....I wouldn't want to end up being a two time recipe winner.

frabz-The-gauntlet-has-been-thrown-Brace

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, Creeps McLane said:

The Mr Collaboration beer Golden One Belgian Blonde uses in 2gal,  2 HME cans, the Canadian Blonde and the CAL.

It was a clone of this http://www.anthembrewing.com/beers/golden-one

I have a bottle from 11/2016 I have to open :-D. It might be ready.

My Apple Brown Beery is now over a year old too that might be OK now. I did not like that in past tastings.

Zombiefest from last Nov also may have got drinkable, I did not like that much either.

So much to taste.....

Golden One Belgian Blonde from Anthem Brewing.docx

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nickfixit said:

Golden One Belgian Blonde

People used to ask for that all the time! Wonder what happened...

6 hours ago, MRB Tim said:

People used to ask for that all the time! Wonder what happened...

It is not on your list of recipes in any obvious way.

Your collaboration series kit now only has LEO IPA.

You have several other past collaborations that are either archived or deleted. e.g. Dewpoint  Dunkel,  Astronut Brown Ale, Plasma Porter, Sugar On Top IPA, Cerealiciously Lucky CharmsTM Milk Stout - maybe more. 

I know you feature only some prepackaged recipe kits on the main site, but I think you also need to still have the older recipes available for people to make and order all of the individual piece parts (and they are there hidden, mostly)

Older recipes are listed under the support.mrbeer.com, but many people do not know that exists. But even there I do not see all the collaboration ones I mentioned. Some are there.

http://support.mrbeer.com/support/solutions/folders/5000147513/page/5?url_locale

It would be nice to be able to take one of those and order all the ingredients in one click.

For example you could show the recipe and have an "add to cart" button that added all the individual ingredients listed even though they were not in a specially marked box - maybe do that for all the archived recipes.

(Like you needed more work - lol. But you could sell more stuff :-D)

Maybe it could get automated and not have to visit each page. e.g. the format is the same on each recipe page, so search for "Recipe Includes" then add all bulleted items immediately following to the cart..

We actually haven't had it as an official recipe since before I started working here. They used to ask for it anyway. Our recipe page is getting pretty crowded but I'll be happy to pass your suggestion up. 

Some are likely limited time arrangements.  Some have ingredients not regularly stocked.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RickBeer said:

Some are likely limited time arrangements.  Some have ingredients not regularly stocked.

For some, this is indeed the case. For others, it is not. 

4 hours ago, RickBeer said:

Yes. Very likely. However, there are 2 things I see would be useful - in priority :

1. A link on the main recipe page to the support page "old recipes"

2. Ability to order for any of those recipes all stocked ingredients by putting in the cart. Non stocked or out of stock ingredients can be identified as "provide your own."

To add to what I said, there seem to be 3 main components to this,

one is  - the ability to search the recipe pages and ID the bulleted items for a given recipe (this can also be used to make or update the list)

second - having a list of the ingredients available and not available

third -  when an available ingredient is identified, have that be put into the cart, maybe that link or data is associated directly with the available ingredients list and the action triggered (like the "add to cart" button action on the ingredient page) when the ingredient is found. I am not a web site designer but have done some programming and I don't think it sounds too hard.

• Like 2

I am not remotely qualified to comment on the ease or difficulty of any of that, but we're always looking for ways to improve and definitely appreciate the feedback, which will again be passed to the appropriate staff. 

• Like 1

Just did a yeast starter for the mexican lager yeast. I gotta use it up, simple and plain. So regardless of what i brew, half will be a lager. 

Not sure where all the recipe entries are. Yall are smart people who make your own recipes all the time. probably with a lot less than i have on hand...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

Not sure where all the recipe entries are. Yall are smart people who make your own recipes all the time. probably with a lot less than i have on hand...

That might just be the problem, too many ingredients to choose from! 

I wish I had the time to entertain, Creeps. I barely have enough time to knock two back before heading to bed each night. I'm following along in spirit though!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Sarge said:

That might just be the problem, too many ingredients to choose from! 

I wish I had the time to entertain, Creeps. I barely have enough time to knock two back before heading to bed each night. I'm following along in spirit though!

You make me want to send you a sixer, a gravity chair and a byo magazine. And myself also so we can gossip about everyone else...

• Like 1

Just did a yeast starter for the mexican lager yeast. I gotta use it up, simple and plain. So regardless of what i brew, half will be a lager. 

OK then, a Blonde Lager dry-hopped w/Galena.  I would enjoy that.?

• Like 1

No idea if I'm trying to use already-used items, but:

1X NWPA
8 oz Pale
1 oz each Citra/Cascade Flameout
1 oz each Citra/Cascade/Sorachi dry hop 1 week before bottle/keg
Belle Saison, fermented cool, like 65F

I'm envisioning a hoppy pale with a really subtle Saison funk. It's a frankenbeer, but I think it sounds good. More involved stuff has already been posted, mine is intended more for a squeeze-a-session-in-a-free-afternoon sorta thing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MRB Tim said:

No idea if I'm trying to use already-used items, but:

1X NWPA
8 oz Pale
1 oz each Citra/Cascade Flameout
1 oz each Citra/Cascade/Sorachi dry hop 1 week before bottle/keg
Belle Saison, fermented cool, like 65F

I'm envisioning a hoppy pale with a really subtle Saison funk. It's a frankenbeer, but I think it sounds good. More involved stuff has already been posted, mine is intended more for a squeeze-a-session-in-a-free-afternoon sorta thing. 

Pale ales and saisons are my two favorite styles. This is a contender for sure

• Like 2

Well, I've only ever brewed with the S-05 and the Belle Saison (out of the ones you listed, anyway), so I kinda had to stay in that territory lol

On 8/9/2017 at 7:00 PM, Bonsai & Brew said:

Pale malt, 12 lbs.

Safale K-97

Ferment @ 60 F.

OG 1.046

IBU 19

SRM 4

Blonde Warrior Ale??

image.jpeg

Winning recipe. Im going to BIAB this one im the driveway tonight. 57 degrees, a nice sweat shirt brew night. Right after i keg some why so creepy ipa. Very excited for tonight. Ive been thinking about it all week

• Like 5

I think ill break the internet again tonight... though its a BIAB, it wont be nearly as interesting. 

Current status, laying in bed with the three year old waiting for his little eyes to shut. 12 lbs of pale malt measured into a paper bag.  Lager yeast spinning on the plate, k-97 still happy in the fridge. Kettle is cleaned and the false bottom is locked in place. Full pack of cigarettes, two monster rehab drinks in the fridge, leftover pizza waiting for fourth meal. Lets do this

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Creeps McLane said:

I think ill break the internet again tonight... though its a BIAB, it wont be nearly as interesting. 

Current status, laying in bed with the three year old waiting for his little eyes to shut. 12 lbs of pale malt measured into a paper bag.  Lager yeast spinning on the plate, k-97 still happy in the fridge. Kettle is cleaned and the false bottom is locked in place. Full pack of cigarettes, two monster rehab drinks in the fridge, leftover pizza waiting for fourth meal. Lets do this

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4183.JPG

Wait...rehab?  What??

• Like 1

At dough in. Over shot my target temp by quite a bit. I was expecting a 12 degree drop and i barely got any drop at all. Damn you BIAB higher volume, I should have known. Wort currently sitting at 125ish uncovered for 20 minutes.

one carboy of why so creepy kegged. Other is currently draining. Almost had a whoopsie poopsie lifting that baby in the keezer so now im sitting on my fav seat in the house. ? 

First beer poured

PS its hot out. A lot more muggy than I anticipated. Sweat pant legs rolled up LL Cool J style

IMG_4290.PNG

IMG_4187.JPG

• Like 1

Current status, enjoying saison #2

mashing, 15 minutes from boil. 45 minutes in my 60 minute mash per @Bonsai & Brew. Propane is a lot more touchy than electric. Fyi

1 new carboy cleaned and ready for starsan. 1 carboy currently under CIP forced carboy cleaner.

both why so creepys kegged. 

Redman mudface is the soundtrack. 

Next up mash out 

PS thats yeast you sickos

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG