Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
WisconsinBadger

Too Much Cold Crash?

I've been doing the RickBeer Cold Crash for my past few batches. I had planned to bottle the current batch last Sunday, and so I put the LBK in the fridge on Thursday. Well, with the holidays and such I didn't get to it. I plan to bottle now on Friday, which means that the LBK will have been in the fridge for 8 days. Is this too much? Will the yeast be too settled? Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, WisconsinBadger said:

I've been doing the RickBeer Cold Crash for my past few batches. I had planned to bottle the current batch last Sunday, and so I put the LBK in the fridge on Thursday. Well, with the holidays and such I didn't get to it. I plan to bottle now on Friday, which means that the LBK will have been in the fridge for 8 days. Is this too much? Will the yeast be too settled? Thanks for any help.

Ive had fermenters in the fridge lagering at 35 for 4 weeks and not had a problem bottling with no additional yeast. 8 days will be fine. 

• Like 4

Thanks Creeps. I'd read the cold crash thread and saw a comment that more than five days ran an increased risk of infection, and was wondering how likely that is. Of course, I'd bottle it anyway and take my chances.

As a side note, I should point out that the turkey was defrosted right next to the LBK in the fridge...yikes!

(and PS, Creeps...Packers :( )

• Like 1

On 11/23/2017 at 0:06 PM, WisconsinBadger said:

(and PS, Creeps...Packers :( )

Tough loss, we almost had it. But IMO I count it as a win, the team played decent for 3 quarters... lol

Hundley looked much better i think.

• Like 1