Mr.Beer Community
Marius

Partial Mash Mixup

How important would you say is the measurement of the grains in a partial mash recipe? I ended up using the whole 4oz. bags of carapils and pilsen malts instead of 2oz. Of each as called for in the recipe. Does not seem like 2oz. should matter much but I thought I would ask the group. Any expected consequences?

i'll take a shot at this.....maybe stronger, more malty flavor? slightly higher ABV? I'll bet it turns out great.

I was mistaken. Not carapils. It was honey malt and pilsen malt. Let it Bee Honey Blonde.

It'll be ever so slightly sweeter and a smidge darker than it would have been if brewed normally.  You'll get maybe a 0.1-0.2% ABV boost, depending on how efficient the mash was.

Like @Jdub says, it should be tasty.  If it turns out to your liking you can try brewing it again as per the recipe just to see the differences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shrike said:

It'll be ever so slightly sweeter and a smidge darker than it would have been if brewed normally.  You'll get maybe a 0.1-0.2% ABV boost, depending on how efficient the mash was.

Like @Jdub says, it should be tasty.  If it turns out to your liking you can try brewing it again as per the recipe just to see the differences.

many great things were invented by mistake!

• Like 2