Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
pborder

Booster

What is the booster and does it make a significant difference in the finished product?  My kit came with the Oktoberfest Lager and I noticed that the refill kit for this includes two packages of booster.  Is it worth ordering the booster before brewing it or does it come out OK without it?  It will be a while before I brew it since I just started some Irish Stout yesterday, but I want to know if I should order some booster.

You can see what booster is on the Mr. Beer site - https://www.mrbeer.com/ingredients/booster

Basically, it adds ABV and body to a brew.  Better than adding sugar, not as good as adding LME or DME.

As a new brewer, you'll want to make the Irish Stout as is, then when you order again either get the refills with booster, or with LME (Deluxe Kits).

Mr. Beer's base refills are around 3.1% ABV, adding booster or LME brings them to around 4.2%.

Thanks,  when the Stout is bottled I plan to start the Oktoberfest.  I want to order a bottling wand and more bottles so I might just go ahead and get some booster as well.  If possible eventually I want to get where I have a batch ready to drink, a batch aging in bottles and a batch fermenting in the LBK.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pborder said:

If possible eventually I want to get where I have a batch ready to drink, a batch aging in bottles and a batch fermenting in the LBK.

There you go! Get a nice pipeline going.

• Like 2