Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
pborder

Bottling wand

I am getting ready to bottle my first batch and I got a bottling wand .  I have never used one before so my biggest question is how to you attach it to the spigot?  Do you just poke it in or is there a trick?

The bottling wand slides into the new spigots. Be careful how far in the wand is inserted. Too far and you will block all flow. Too little and you risk having it fall out spilling beer.

Place a dish with a rag or paper towel on it directly below your bottling wand. It will drip some.

• Like 1

You should practice with an LBK full of water to determine the proper use.  Practicing with beer results in lost beer, which is a crime under article 6.  More than one infraction will result in your removal from this forum.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, D Kristof said:

The bottling wand slides into the new spigots. Be careful how far in the wand is inserted. Too far and you will block all flow. Too little and you risk having it fall out spilling beer.

Place a dish with a rag or paper towel on it directly below your bottling wand. It will drip some.

I bottle over my open dishwasher door so that all drips go down the drain.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Shrike said:

I bottle over my open dishwasher door so that all drips go down the drain.

I do it over a pail lined with a garbage bag, and then dump the trub and paper towels from clean up in it. When it's all bundled up and in the trash, it's 

like it never even happened.

Of course, SWMBO knows I've brewed, bottled, whatever, and will even taste a sample and feign interest but I favor keeping it under the radar.

• Like 1

I bottle over the kitchen sink with bottle directly over the spigot and bottle slanted to minimize bubbling.

The wand has not worked for me because I would have to bottle over the floor or a drip catcher. Another thing to clean.

If I fill a little high I pour a little into my tasting glass to adjust it 😁.

3 hours ago, RickBeer said:

You should practice with an LBK full of water to determine the proper use.  Practicing with beer results in lost beer, which is a crime under article 6.  More than one infraction will result in your removal from this forum.  

Additional punishment by having to ferment additional beer is also awarded since you will be forced to make up the loss...…...