Mr.Beer Community

With my Stout in the bottles and Oktoberfest in the LBK my thoughts turn to my next brew.  I was thinking about an IPA.  What IPA recipes from Mr Beer do you all recommend?  I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to take on a partial mash.  For reference I am fond of Founders All Day IPA and Goose Island.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

1 hour ago, pborder said:

With my Stout in the bottles and Oktoberfest in the LBK my thoughts turn to my next brew.  I was thinking about an IPA.  What IPA recipes from Mr Beer do you all recommend?  I'm not sure that I'm quite ready to take on a partial mash.  For reference I am fond of Founders All Day IPA and Goose Island.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

i would look at one of the craft refills, like Northwest Pale Ale, or Long Play IPA. Those are good ones. By the way, partial mash recipes are very simple. if you can make tea by steeping a tea bag in hot water, you can do a PM. Adds flavor, body, maybe ABV....etc.

• Like 2

Golden Empire and Thunder Bay are two of my favorites.  For non-pm, I enjoy Long Play.  It's a bitter one, though.

• Like 2

This morning I kegged my 11th batch, another (3rd) re-run of my 2nd experiment from back in October.  The secret ingredients' for my 3rd go-round of 'Sweet 'Lil Holga' in the photo.  One # Pilsner DME, one full cup Agave nectar, one can extract and 1/2 packet US-05.  Finally ran out of extract - time to get more.  Last night we enjoyed the last of my 4th batch, 'Squirrely Dog', around a fire-ring (below).  Weather's been tolerable here at around 42-46F at night.  Beats Chicago!

rsz_dsc_0007.jpg

rsz_dsc_0010.jpg

• Like 2