Mr.Beer Community
Grappler

Bottled now...

Hello,

I am moving on to the next step in my first batch. So, they are bottled and sitting cool and dark. After 3 weeks:

1. Do they go right into the fridge?

2. 1 bottle is not filled all the way- will it be ok?

Thanks. This is been fun start.

1 minute ago, Grappler said:

Hello,

I am moving on to the next step in my first batch. So, they are bottled and sitting cool and dark. After 3 weeks:

1. Do they go right into the fridge?

2. 1 bottle is not filled all the way- will it be ok?

Thanks. This is been fun start.

If you just bottled them and you want them to carbonate, you need ideally 70 degree room. Cool and dark would be a great place to “cellar” beer, not carb.  So three weeks at room temp or higher to carb up. 

Whether or not you store them warm / cool / or cold is up to you.  Understand that beer ages faster at warmer temps. Maybe you want to condition your beer for awhile so warm would be ideal. I have a cellar which is great for lagering and storing beer. When your beer is ready to drink, put them all in the fridge. 

I dont have much much experience with under filled bottles although I remember them being different than full ones. Some one else will be able to help you further. 

Finished!  Bottled my first attempt at an espresso stout with beef:  I used the MRB Sunday Morning Coming Down recipe, tweaked it with some adjuncts, and with the 1-½ oz shot of espresso per bottle (x12 bottles) was able to get 13 full PET bottles. Goody, goody.  O.G: 1.064, F.G: 1.021 = ~5.4% abv.  I tasted the shot glass sample used to check final gravity and it may be the best batch of beer I've made yet.  😋

• Like 1

That's 1.5 oz shot/bottle of Starbuck's espresso beans that I grind at home.  So 12 x 1.5 = 18 additional ounces which filled the 13th bottle and still left me a half pint!

Sunday Morn Stout.jpg