Mr.Beer Community

I am using Star San for the first time and I know that I read not to worry about the bubbles but when I sanitized the bottles that I plan on filling today there are a lot of bubbles left behind when I poured out the liquid.  Will the bubbles dissipate on there own or do I need to rinse the bottles out?  Will what is left hurt my beer?

Thanks,

Pat

it will not hurt anything. it is pretty foamy stuff. when i bottle, i just pour the solution out the best i can. ignore the bubbles and let them overflow when bottling to the proper level ( i use a bottling wand). you don't need to rinse it. after i cap a bottle i run it under the sink and rinse off the outside of the bottle, but that's it.

I've always used the MB packets for sanitizing my bottles and the starsan for my fermenters and other equipment. Little to no foam in the bottles.

'dont fear the foam' is the marketing line for starsan.

as i am dumping the solution out of the bottles i try to swirl the bottle around to create a little vortex as it is draining. i still get some foam left behind. it's fine.

• Like 1

Like these guys said, the foam won't hurt anything, but if you MUST have less foam, there is a product you can find called Saniclean. It's from the same company as Starsan and is basically the same as Starsan, but a low-foaming version.

• Like 2