Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ted the Chilehead

TV Moonshiner and temptation...

Fellow brewers, I know many of you would never consider distilling....   But, I'd like to re-emphasize something....

No matter the temptation, no matter the desire, don't...   Don't, do not pass go, do not consider.  Don't have any thought to do any hairbrained activity trying to distill or reproduce what the tv show presents to you.

Do not pass go, don't collect even a simple copper penny, don't .... do not do it, don't pass go.... don't just don't

DO NOT,  just don't!

4 hours ago, Ted the Chilehead said:

Fellow brewers, I know many of you would never consider distilling....   But, I'd like to re-emphasize something....

No matter the temptation, no matter the desire, don't...   Don't, do not pass go, do not consider.  Don't have any thought to do any hairbrained activity trying to distill or reproduce what the tv show presents to you.

Do not pass go, don't collect even a simple copper penny, don't .... do not do it, don't pass go.... don't just don't

DO NOT,  just don't!

We fermented and distilled at high school as part of chemistry courses. Of course we surreptitiously saved the distillation product and took it home. It tasted OK mixed with orange juice. Of course this was only a small volume, probably less than 0.5 oz. Understood there could be alt byproducts in there, but at that time we did not know but we carefully distilled, monitoring temp for alcohol boiling point.

• Like 1