Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
StretchNM

Problems with Mr Beer Website

Is anyone else having problems with the Mrbeer.com site? I'm having ghosting issues (text overshadowing other text), very slow loading and refreshing, problems updating "ship to" and "bill to" addresses, and problems on other ordering pages in the shopping cart.

I don't think it's my computer because the site worked just fine in early January. Also, I am aware of cookies and other junk in the system, and I clear mine regularly using a commercial wipe program followed by a restart.

We have been inundated with a DDOS attack this morning. It is affecting many parts of the site including strange order issues. It has been happening since 8am this morning and have made some strides on fixing it. Sorry for this, but know we are working as hard as we can.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was getting errors with trying to order on Monday.  Used the online form to ask for help and got no response.  As MRB customer service is usually on the ball I figured something was up.

• Like 3

A week or more ago I had to call MRB to make an order. The site checkout wouldn't work. Even then, website was sluggish and spotty. Rick it could be the site has been under attack for some time. I do know, however, it was bright and fast for at least Jan and Feb

We are constantly under attack and just need to manage it. 20% of our traffic is using some attack vector. The most current attack was coming from France for some reason. We were able to work with our CDN and make the appropriate changes and it appears to be better as of 3:30 MST. 

• Thanks 1

Why would the French attack Mr Beer?  Oh wait, You are attacking their wine market now...……………… Not serious, but there has to be some reason DDOS is just to mess with you, not like it is scouting your customer database. Although you may get that too. Time to get the FBI or whoever.

Probably someone took over a French computer to do that.

• Like 1

seriously though.. why would anyone do a denial of service attack on mr beer? unless Inbev is behind it? but then why would they resort to hacking? they just buy everyone that is a threat.

• Like 1

@zorak1066 I have always thought the same as you. Why? It actually makes the best financial sense for small time hackers. Small companies with few resources for large scale IT management have been shown to be most likely to pay a ransom. Now, we are owned by a larger company now, but still run like a small one. 

@Nickfixit Oh, it is most likely not a French person, but just running through their servers. 

We are still dealing with some issues today online, but we can now take orders at least. Thanks again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MRB-Rick said:

@zorak1066 I have always thought the same as you. Why? It actually makes the best financial sense for small time hackers. Small companies with few resources for large scale IT management have been shown to be most likely to pay a ransom. Now, we are owned by a larger company now, but still run like a small one. 

@Nickfixit Oh, it is most likely not a French person, but just running through their servers. 

We are still dealing with some issues today online, but we can now take orders at least. Thanks again.

I'm still having issues trying to order.  I can view my cart but there's no option to go to checkout.

• Like 1

frequent backups of all your servers would help. if you are unfortunate enough to get ransomware... wipe the drive.. restore from backup.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MRB-Rick said:

As of the last hour I can not even do a search. The website only responds with, "no products found", or "We can't find products matching the selection". 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nickfixit said:

Seems fine now. Well done 😎

Not here.  Search is still not working properly, nor does trying to find some products through the menus.  I went 20th Century-style today and phoned my order in.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Shrike said:

Not here.  Search is still not working properly, nor does trying to find some products through the menus.  I went 20th Century-style today and phoned my order in.  :)

I had to do that myself just a week or so ago. Had to Google just to learn how to do it, it's been so long. I found a Youtube video.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zorak1066 said:

whats 'phone'?   :P

:D

• Haha 2

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, Shrike said:

Yes I see now - some menus do not show pics etc.