Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
markymark186

Over carbing

So right now I have the October Vienna lager + light DME and booster. So far I have been using the suggested sugar amount in the Mr. Beer directions. I am going to be using some 1 L PETs and i've get 12 12 oz glass bottles that I want to use. So far all of my beers have been over carbonated, not gushing or exploding, just too much for my liking carbonation like champagne or something. Taking that this is a darker beer I don't want it to be less carbonated. Does anyone have a recomendation for the "perfect" amount for both 1 L and 12 oz?

try half a teaspoon in the 12 oz bottles. I dont know about the liter bottles but you could just scale it up.

When you make adjustments to the ingrediants, make sure to keep good notes on each brew.
I find that the carbination levels for each type beer vary ~ even when I add the same amount of priming sugar to each type.

That's been the only dissappointment for me in home breewing is the inconsistant carbing. Some batches are a little under carbed, some have poor head retention, some are fizzy like soda pop. Maybe it just goes with the territory. Seems like my favorite boughten beers are always carbed just right.