Mr.Beer Community

Hi I'm new to mr beer.  I was looking for suggestions  for some brown  and amber malt I have leftover from a biab recipie.  I have 8 ounces of amber and 12 ounces of brown. I just received  the chocolate  orange stout  and diablo  recipe  from  mr beer and was wondering  if they  would  work  with the stout. 

All kidding aside, I don't see anything wrong with using either or both. You're changing the recipe, but it's nothing like adding cane sugar, maple syrup and honey just because you have them in the pantry.

FYI.

https://byo.com/article/brown-malt/

and 

https://homebrewanswers.com/amber-malt/

If you want to use both of them you should do a simple mashing. Bring 1.5 qts of water to 160 degrees on your stove. Turn off the heat (if you have an electric range remove your pot from the burner) and stir in your grains. Check the temperature and reheat as necessary to begin your mash around 152 to 155. Cover the pot with a lid and let it sit for 30 to 40 minutes. In another pot begin heating the water following your standard MrBeer recipe instructions. Over your "brewing kettle", pour your mashed grains into a colander and rinse them with the water from the second pot. Bring that to a boil. Remove from the heat and proceed as if following a normal MrBeer recipe.

Should  keep it at 2 gallons  or increase  the batch size I have 1 fermenter other than the lbk that holds 4 gallons 

I would just use them in the LBK. as for a point of reference, I never do a 2 gallon batch, I top around 2 1/2 gallons. the volume difference has a negligible impact on the ABV, I'm interested in the taste differences and bottle count.