Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
HoppySmile!

Newbie here!

Hello I’m a newbie at fly fishing and star gazing. What wood be the best tyme to fish under the stars while influenced with lots of brewskies?

• Haha 3

Funny - just thinking the same thing!

Might I suggest waiting until next August for the big meteor shower. I like the Adams fly pattern in size 14 hook. A good strongly hopped home brew will fit the bill. Currently I have a MB Winter Dark Ale for tonight, but the snow and sleet will preclude stargazing and fly fishing. 

Actually - I enjoy astronomy and have built my own telescope. Fly fishing is also a passion of mine shared by my older son. Since I retired, I've been very involved in my hobbies and enjoying brewing again . Aside from brewing, fly fishing and astronomy, I enjoy sailing (fair weather), amateur radio, guitar and competitive archery. We (wife and I) also enjoy hiking, skiing, camping and I am Scout leader. How I ever had time to work (39 years as a science teacher in New York City) is beyond me.

23 hours ago, HoppySmile! said:

Hello I’m a newbie at fly fishing and star gazing. What wood be the best tyme to fish under the stars while influenced with lots of brewskies?

Welcome back. Never thought I say this, MY GAWD IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Where and how have you been?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D Kristof said:

Welcome back. Never thought I say this, MY GAWD IT'S GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Where and how have you been?

He'll answer you...in six months.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:32 AM, Brian N. said:

Funny - just thinking the same thing!

Might I suggest waiting until next August for the big meteor shower. I like the Adams fly pattern in size 14 hook. A good strongly hopped home brew will fit the bill. Currently I have a MB Winter Dark Ale for tonight, but the snow and sleet will preclude stargazing and fly fishing. 

Actually - I enjoy astronomy and have built my own telescope. Fly fishing is also a passion of mine shared by my older son. Since I retired, I've been very involved in my hobbies and enjoying brewing again . Aside from brewing, fly fishing and astronomy, I enjoy sailing (fair weather), amateur radio, guitar and competitive archery. We (wife and I) also enjoy hiking, skiing, camping and I am Scout leader. How I ever had time to work (39 years as a science teacher in New York City) is beyond me.

+1 on size 14 Adams.

Other favorites include Lt. Cahill, parachute wulffs and wooly buggers.

fly WB Hoppy

On the fly fishing, I have only fished in U.K. but there, the best times are dawn and dusk when the real natural flies are out. After dark, not much.  I would start accouple hours before sunset, fish until you can't see, then stick to beer and admire the stars. Besides you don't want a fish bite to make you drop the beer lol.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:56 AM, HoppySmile! said:

Welcome back, @HoppySmile!!