Jump to content
Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nickfixit

PINK BOOTS 2020

Recommended Posts

Got 6 oz Pink Boots hop blend from Yakima. $5+ a 2oz bag but free FEDEX 2 day ship.  Anyone else trying those? It's for Charity.

Making a medium strength IPA today.  

Opened up the hops, VERY aromatic.

The 2020 Pink Boots Blend was chosen by more than 100 PBS members during the 2019 Great American Beer Festival. The blend consists of Azacca®, El Dorado®, Idaho Gem™ and Loral®, creating a blend with tropical, citrus and piney aromatic qualities.

https://www.yakimachief.com/pink-boots-blend/

 

Pink Boots IPA#1
PM 35 mins at 155-165 4 oz 2 row, 4 oz carapils, 2 oz oatmeal(3/4 cup) + 1/4 cup cream of wheat.
Boil Pink boot blend 0.5 oz for 7  - 10 min  36-48 IBUs.  
Boil PB blend 0.5 oz 1-2 min   - 2-4 IBUs
American Ale HME - 36 IBUs, 3.5% ABVx
.25 lb Sparking Amber DME
1x 6oz Booster pack
Ferment 14 days with  S-05 yeast
1 oz PB ops dry hop 7 days.
5.8-6 % , 70 IBUs.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nickfixit said:

Got 6 oz Pink Boots hop blend from Yakima. $5+ a 2oz bag but free FEDEX 2 day ship.  Anyone else trying those? It's for Charity.

Making a medium strength IPA today.  

Opened up the hops, VERY aromatic.

The 2020 Pink Boots Blend was chosen by more than 100 PBS members during the 2019 Great American Beer Festival. The blend consists of Azacca®, El Dorado®, Idaho Gem™ and Loral®, creating a blend with tropical, citrus and piney aromatic qualities.

https://www.yakimachief.com/pink-boots-blend/

 

Pink Boots IPA#1
PM 35 mins at 155-165 4 oz 2 row, 4 oz carapils, 2 oz oatmeal(3/4 cup) + 1/4 cup cream of wheat.
Boil Pink boot blend 0.5 oz for 7  - 10 min  36-48 IBUs.  
Boil PB blend 0.5 oz 1-2 min   - 2-4 IBUs
American Ale HME - 36 IBUs, 3.5% ABVx
.25 lb Sparking Amber DME
1x 6oz Booster pack
Ferment 14 days with  S-05 yeast
1 oz PB ops dry hop 7 days.
5.8-6 % , 70 IBUs.

 

Nice, thanks Nick. I just ordered a couple packs of Pink Boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in, i ordered 8 oz of pink boots and 8 oz of the veterans blend. Figured just like my two boys, I cant pick favorites. I have so many hops. Like so many hops. Im almost my own LHBS at this point

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was quick! Pink Boots arrived around 10:30 this a.m. and I just ordered yesterday.

20200212_104617.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 4:56 PM, Cato said:

Nice, thanks Nick. I just ordered a couple packs of Pink Boots.

Good, let us know what you make 😄

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 6:56 PM, Nickfixit said:

Good, let us know what you make 😄

 

Been thinking on it and definitely going to be a Pale Ale, and I'm leaning towards a Red IPA. It's a style I haven't made but I'll give it a go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 6:56 PM, Nickfixit said:

Good, let us know what you make 😄

 

Ordered 6 oz of the Pink Boots 2020 this morning. Free shipping from Yakima Chief. Another Pale Ale will be forthcoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

How many people here have brewed with the Pink Boots Blend? Me, @Nickfixit, and @Cato? Anyone else?

I think it's gonna make a great beer. I've brewed with El Dorado in my Wiscohops, and had a New Realm IPA, Hoptropolis, that has Azacca and Loral as part of its makeup.

 

I'm not going to dry hop my first brew so I can get a feel for what if anything needs to be added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Creeps McLane said:

How many people here have brewed with the Pink Boots Blend? Me, @Nickfixit, and @Cato? Anyone else?

I need to get onboard with you guys on that, will order today.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nickfixit, @Creeps McLane, @Bonsai & Brew. Although your hops packet is dated 2019 it is the 2020 blend. The 2019 is harvest year typically in Sept. I think and they get the blend together in Nov for release in January.

 

I got that in an email from Wade at Yakima Hops, as I wanted to confirm since the blend changes each year.

 

"

Hi Bob,

               No worries! The only product that we currently have available on our website, is our most recent blend, which would be the Loral, Azacca, El Dorado, and Idaho Gem blend, which we refer to as our 2019 Blend (due to crop year of product used). With harvest happening in September every year, it takes just about 2-3 months to get that product aligned for the ideal blend, and then we normally release right at the start of the calendar year.  In short, the blend varieties are harvested in ~September 2019, blended and pelletized in Oct/Nov 2019, and then ready for release ~Jan 2020."

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 12, 2020 at 10:26 AM, Cato said:

That was quick! Pink Boots arrived around 10:30 this a.m. and I just ordered yesterday.

20200212_104617.jpg

 

Ditto!

 

I worked up a Specialty White IPA recipe today that might play nicely with the pink boots blend.  Plus, I get to cereal-mash some wheat for the wit portion of the grain bill.  This brew will count toward my Summer of Wheat too so win, win!

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think I'm a little indecisive about this recipe looking at all those scribbles, but Pink Boots 2020 is underway.  Look at that smack-pack swell, man!

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a Pink Boots White IPA with supper -- half Belgian Witbier and half American IPA.  I like it!

 

image.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...