Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  

Alright, after reading the latest issue of BYO, who has brewed with Kveik?

hell yeah! lots of times. hothead is one of them, and the Voss Kveik. used them both. do a hot Texas garage batch IPA with it. no temp control needed. did an ipa last summer and temp got up to 100 deg in my garage. turned out so good! i think the brew finished in like 3 days. crazy.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jdub said:

hell yeah! lots of times. hothead is one of them, and the Voss Kveik. used them both. do a hot Texas garage batch IPA with it. no temp control needed. did an ipa last summer and temp got up to 100 deg in my garage. turned out so good! i think the brew finished in like 3 days. crazy.

Nice. Pretty crazy stuff. Any noticeable difference? Would you only use it for IPAs?

12 hours ago, Big Sarge said:

Nice. Pretty crazy stuff. Any noticeable difference? Would you only use it for IPAs?

im not sure, but it gives off fruity esters at higher temps, plus, i mostly brew ipa's so it's a good fit i think. i'll bet a wheat beer would be nice too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Big Sarge said:

@Big Sarge i just went to LHBS and picked up some hothead. have a recipe and ingredients for "Neptune IPA" from BYO website? will do a hot garage batch with it. gonna get that bitch up to 99 degrees or so next week!

• Like 1

🤘🏻I like it! I think I might have to try some out in a hot El Paso garage once I get there. Have a standard brew in the fermenting fridge, and let the Kveik ride the lightning!

• Like 2