Mr.Beer Community
MiniYoda

Making Spotchka

In case you didn't know, I've nicknamed my home brewery "Dagobah Brewery", and name all beers that I make after something Star Wars related.  I'm currently re-watching The Mandalorian season 1, and in Episode 4, they drink a beverage called Spotchka.  After brief research on the 'net, I found it is a blue beverage made from krill, which appears to be a blue fish.

I was wondering, could I make an alcoholic beverage that is blue (but obviously not with fish).  Idea........blue berries.  I did some further search, and found some recipes that have blueberries, including this one:

https://www.mrbeer.com/hop-to-it-blueberry-cider-recipe

but it is apple based, and Mr. Beer no longer sells cider refills.  I was wondering if anyone has tried to brew a cider that did not include apple?  Wondering if I had more than two cans, perhaps 5-6, and make a blueberry fermented beverage.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:07 PM, MiniYoda said:

In case you didn't know, I've nicknamed my home brewery "Dagobah Brewery", and name all beers that I make after something Star Wars related.  I'm currently re-watching The Mandalorian season 1, and in Episode 4, they drink a beverage called Spotchka.  After brief research on the 'net, I found it is a blue beverage made from krill, which appears to be a blue fish.

I was wondering, could I make an alcoholic beverage that is blue (but obviously not with fish).  Idea........blue berries.  I did some further search, and found some recipes that have blueberries, including this one:

https://www.mrbeer.com/hop-to-it-blueberry-cider-recipe

but it is apple based, and Mr. Beer no longer sells cider refills.  I was wondering if anyone has tried to brew a cider that did not include apple?  Wondering if I had more than two cans, perhaps 5-6, and make a blueberry fermented beverage.

Go for it!