Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
JerseyBrewer

The 8 Mr. Beer Plastic Bottles

Naw dude, they work fine. Most people say you have to drink it all in one sitting, but I have opened one and drank a pint, then a couple days later drank the rest and was still just as good, carb and everything. Im waiting for my tax return to go buy a capper and such so i can bottle in glass, but i will still use the PETs.

Some people say that they don't get as good a carb when they use the plastic bottles. They say glass is better. I've never experienced a problem myself. They say the head just isn't the same.

Plastic is pourous so air can sneak into the bottles but again, I've yet to experience it.

I'm not a fan of the large size. It's similar to a soda bottle. You open it the first day and you've got great carb. You open it a day or two later and the carb just isn't the same as when you first open it. Another downside is the sediemnt at the bottom of the bottle. With the plastic bottles you piur your beer but then set the remaining beer back on the table. When you do this you will stir up the sediment at the bottom of the bottle and your beer will become cloudy. That's why your best bet is to pour the entire bottle into a pitcher in one smooth motion and then pour your pint from the pitcher. That way you leave the sediemnt in the bottle and not in your glass.

Pros of plastic are that they are soft so you can easily tell how your carb is going by giving a little squeeze.

I don't want to seem like a lush here but they are only @ 33oz.... that is only 2.75 12 oz beers.... I usually have that many down before the 4th inning.... :lol:

I do not anticipate myself having an issue of them going flat ...

CM is correct plastic is pourous and will leek ...albeit slowly. The larger the plastic bottle the better it will hold it's carbonation. A 3 liter will hold a longer carb that a 16oz.

I can tell you this from my personal perspective.

I plan on using the PET bottles for my first batch. It's completely off point as to what I've ever drank from, but I need to give it a go to see if it doesn't offend my senses. I want the experience for the experience.

I'm also of Zeke's, the Evil NE Patriot fan, thought that the amount of brew isn't intimidating at all. Sorry if I'm making assumptions, Zeke, but I'm a Pastie hater, being a quarter of a century Colt fan, heheheh. I'm sure you understand....

Ahhh. You must be an Irishman. :-) A beer lover after my own heart. Sometimes I can drink an entire large bottle but most often I am good with a 16 ouncer(depending on the alc content). I have found the 16oz plastic bottles to be the perfect size. Also, I have bottled in glass.

Glass is great just because they are the easiest to clean and sanitize. I usually throw them in the dishwasher. Then, I dip them in star san. Dipping plastic bottles in star san is a bit tougher. They want to be more buoyant. You cannot put the plastic bottles in the dishwasher. They will melt at high temps.

Irishmon

ZekesWickedHardCoreBrew wrote:

I don't want to seem like a lush here but they are only @ 33oz.... that is only 2.75 12 oz beers.... I usually have that many down before the 4th inning.... :lol:

I do.

The plastic bottles are fine but it's easier to share 12oz bottles with friends.
Now I only rack 1 - 32oz PET, 5 - 16oz glass flip tops, 1 - 24oz bottle, & 10 - 12oz bottles.
the PET bottle is for making sure I'm carbed. I try to give away the 12oz's - The rest I drink! :stout: Plus when you have all these bottles it feels like you have more beer. :laugh:

TheDarkHorseBrewery wrote:

I'm also of Zeke's, the Evil NE Patriot fan, thought that the amount of brew isn't intimidating at all. Sorry if I'm making assumptions, Zeke, but I'm a Pastie hater, being a quarter of a century Colt fan, heheheh. I'm sure you understand....

DHB,
Alas I am not a NE fan ....grew up in West Mass never liked the Pats uniforms ...even as a little kid I thought they looked goofey.... My father is a die hard Eagles fan so naturally I had to pick the Giants as kid .....and have stuck with ole Big Blue since ...but football to me is just something in between the world Series and Spring training.

I m not sure what I will have conditioned and ready on opening day but it will be cold and tasty.
As the Sox open the season against the Yanks.

ZekesWickedHardCoreBrew wrote:

TheDarkHorseBrewery wrote:

DHB,
Alas I am not a NE fan ....grew up in West Mass never liked the Pats uniforms ...even as a little kid I thought they looked goofey.... My father is a die hard Eagles fan so naturally I had to pick the Giants as kid .....and have stuck with ole Big Blue since ...but football to me is just something in between the world Series and Spring training.

I m not sure what I will have conditioned and ready on opening day but it will be cold and tasty.
As the Sox open the season against the Yanks.

You disgust me. A Red Sox fan who's a Giant fan? Disgusting. lol

Go G-Men, go Yanks!

baseball and beer great pastimes. have to agree about the whole football thing in between the world series and spring training. HAIL WHITESOX.

I hope no one thinks of this as spam but I don't plan on using my MB bottles my kit came with. If anyone wants them let me know and I'll send them to you. I would rather a fellow brewer use them instead of just hanging on to them.

I have all 8 of them, never used. I have the stickers too if wanted. I won't charge anything except maybe the shipping. Not sure how much it would be but it shouldnt be too bad. If its only like 5 bucks I'll cover it myself. I would rather they get used.

cm11599ps wrote:

You disgust me. A Red Sox fan who's a Giant fan? Disgusting. lol

Go G-Men, go Yanks!

:P:P;)

I get the same thing from the Pat's fans ....

Go Sox ! Only 72 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes until opening day ! B)

Keep on brewing ....

nice, i live in salisbury(eastern shore part of MD). if you are positive about those bottles let me know

deuce31779 wrote:

nice, i live in salisbury(eastern shore part of MD). if you are positive about those bottles let me know

You where the first to respond so you'll be the first option. Not sure if you want to post your email here or not but I'm not sure of another way to contact you.

Edit: Scratch that. I just noticed the new "Private Messages".