Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
thabenjaminz05

Englishman's Nut Brown Ale

Whats everyones favorite recipe with this HME? I just made an order and thought why not throw one of these babies in there as well. Looking for something simple and basic (hence the subforum) but want something that will standout in terms of taste but not overly bitter. Has anyone used this and really found they liked a recipe? Thanks.

My second batch was the Voodoo Magic, with some alterations. Great stuff! It's been almost a year since I tried ENB and I just re-ordered 2 cans. Gonna try something else this go-round.

Check out the recipe for the Voodoo!

You know it's really hard to go wrong with the ENB. I'm drinking my 5th batch of Basic Brown. I've loved every one of them. I like to keep it around all the time - sort of like a "house ale." And it's about as simple as it gets. Crazybrody and I have both reviewed it on the website.

I made it with the Amber UME. My only comment is that you'll want to let it condition for at least a month, otherwise the dates flavor is a little over powering.

I liked it much better after 60 days conditioning. I may make it again and steep with the Victory grain I've got on hand.