Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
PmdBama

Removing bottles after conditioning

what, if any, are the results of removing bottles from the fridge after conditioning?

I ask this because I've got a batch that's conditioned for three weeks, and I've got another batch that needs to go in, and I'm limited on space. If I remove the conditioned bottles, do I need to re-condition for a couple weeks again, or just throw them back in the fridge to chill to taste?

Leave the noob bottles out in the room temp and drink the others. when the others are gone, put the noobz in the frige.

They'll condition at room temp as well if not better than in the fridge. It's not like you condition in the fridge 2 weeks and then there done and you take them out. It's best not to lower, raise, and lower the temp of beer.

hm. that actually brings up another good question. if this is the case, why, instead of the 2-2-2 recommendation do we not go for 2-4 then chill for consumption?

PmdBama wrote:

hm. that actually brings up another good question. if this is the case, why, instead of the 2-2-2 recommendation do we not go for 2-4 then chill for consumption?

I think its listed as 2-2-2 so you know that there is a difference between carbing and conditioning.

PmdBama wrote:

2-4 works fine.

I've noticed the standard for good beer is 2-2-2. The better standard is probably 2-(4-8 weeks) - chill and drink. The longer in the fridge the more clear the beer is generally going to be.

PmdBama wrote:

That's close to what I do, because I don't have the fridge space for two weeks in the fridge. As the pipeline has grown, I've gone longer than 4 weeks in the bottle. Lately I've been traveling, so more beers have had at least a week in the fridge.

I don't notice a big difference between 3 days in the fridge and a week in the fridge, but I notice a big difference between 1 week in the bottle and 6 weeks in the bottle.