Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
AJShoe_Brew

Home made beer labels !

I saw thread talking about labels. These are easy. I printed on my ink-jet printer on regular DPI and set for normal paper. Too much ink will cause labels to run more when wet. After labels are dry i put a light coat of poly on them to make em more water-proof.

Here are some home made beer labels I made for three beers I bottled. They are made from cheap glue backed paper I got at local brew store.

I still am waiting for some custom water-proof labels and made of Vinyl.They can be printed on ink-jet as well, but are much more durable and semi water impervious. They were not cheap though at $30 for 60 sheets. Do a google search for waterproof labels if interested. I do hear laser labels are even better, but I don't own or have access to a laser printer.

Unfortunatly, I needed something for superbowl so here goes my first attempt.

Will post update when I get new labels and do second run. sm_label_smpl.jpg

As my name implies, I love labels! For me, I can't have homebrew beer without a label. I use Borderbund's Publisher Pro & my famous 6 up Removable adhesive laser labels. 110 Sheets' per box for only $24.95!
Call or e-mail me & I'll send you some samples for FREE as I've done for many of my friends here at the borg!
Ink jet inks run even on vinyl labels (I have them too).
Laser printers & Xerox Phaser dry ink technology printers work best. It's a wax based ink from Xerox which is waterproof!
I just finished labeling my Irish Stout - Cheers! :stout:
Leprchaun_Irish_Stout.JPG

Another thing, do you help design, I have no clue what to put on mine, or how to even really design it.

I've made a few. After a bit of thought I think for the most part I will label the ones that I really like and want to give away with normal labels, like this:

DSCN1451-20100206.JPG

But I think i've decided upon getting some regular labels for mailing letters and using those to put around the necks of the bottles to just put the name and bottle date of the ones that I plan to keep around for testing purposes :) You know, to get a better idea of what I like in the taste of a delicious beer. They run much cheaper than the bigger labels I use with a picture.

Mutsy wrote:

That's cool beerlabelman, what do you charge for labels?

110 Sheets per box - 6 or 10 labels per sheet. That's 660 or 1100 labels with removable adhesive (which is key because it's so much easier to remove from the bottles than standard adhesive). Your cost $24.95! Unbeatable deal. Call or e-mail me with your info for FREE Samples! Cheers! :chug: Angry_Dragon-20100206.JPG

Mutsy wrote:

Another thing, do you help design, I have no clue what to put on mine, or how to even really design it.

That's the fun part Mutsy. There's a lot of free programs out there as well as some cheap ones too. Publisher Pro was around $24.95.
You have to fool around with it then you can come up with your own style.
My friend is a real brewer & he made a Belgian Blonde Ale that came out tasting funny. Nothing like a blonde ale. So he just changed the label to Farmhouse Ale. :laugh: People are highly influenced by the label to say the least. Sometimes a good label is all you need. Cheers! :gulp: beer_cheaper_than_gas.jpg

Blue Crab Brewery wrote:

Maybe I missed this but what are the dimensions of the labels and how much is shipping? Or is it $24.95 out the door?

The 6 on a page labels are the same size/layout as Avery 5164 (4" x 3.33")
The 10 on a page are the same size/layout as Avery 5163 (4" x 2")
Shipping is determined by weight, location & method of shipping.
Usually I'll ship Priority Mail, Parcel Post, UPS, or FEDEX Ground Home Delivery. All are traceable except Parcel Post. I'll find out which is the least expensive & let you know the exact total before it goes out the door. Usually it's around $5.00 for 1 box. There are no handling charges or hidden charges.
Buy 3 boxes & Shipping is FREE :cheer:
Buy 4 or more boxes, it's $21.95/Box with Free Shipping! :laugh:
Beer_Tin_Sign_C13111684.jpg

I use paint shop pro. Ez and cheap. Also available via torrents , Ahh yeah

Any advice let me know, I can design anything, C.S. major long time ago, :P but as stated in this thread you need to get better material to print on.

AJShoe_Brew wrote:

How about this :

How much if I send you art and you print them for me ?!

Email me plz AJ@ajweb.com

Hey Dude -I sent you a personal message. Go Islanders! :laugh:

I mean no disrespect to anyone in this thread or the labels, but the best thing in this thread is the New York Football Giants mug. lol

Islanders? LET'S GO RANGERS!

cm11599ps wrote:

Islanders? LET'S GO RANGERS!

How are you liking Marion... I am a Wild fan. YAY beet the Flyers tonight!

If you go to Avery.com they have a free downloadable label creating program. I am using it for my labels. It seems like a pretty good program especially being free.

Beerlabelman wrote:

Also, you've got to admit, my Angry Dragon label is good right? :unsure:

Nice label but I'm still liking the mug better. lol Kicked the Devils butts tonight too.

What can I say about Marion. It would be a horrible season without him.

Still wear my Gabby jersey from time to time, the Wild one of course.

My freakin Red Wings crapped the bed tonight. How do you go from a 3-0 lead and lose 3-4?? I just don't get it. Ken Holland, if you read these boards PLEASE pick up a blue liner by March 3rd!

This is great! We're home brewers & hockey fans!
Blue Crab, how did they lose? What else? The dreaded 3 goal lead! Happens all the time. It's psychological.
:cheers:

I'm starting another thread in the drain pipe forum so we can stop hijacking this thread. lol

First off, I am a RANGERS FAN, Giants, Yankees.

I got your message call you monday. Thx alot. Dragon label rocks !

Also, Check out these last minute 'butes' lol;
I did these lables for a few tasters I am adding to my super bowl home brew premier party :P

I am getting new ones soon as earlier stated, some from order I am waiting for and some from BeerLabledude :)beer_lineup_sm.jpg