Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
jopa

Another first pour from a newbie (tweaked ADIPA)

[img size=877]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/4jopa/FP4.jpg[img size=877]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/4jopa/FP2.jpgFirst pour of my ADIPA (tweaked a bit). I know it was a bit early, only 15 days in the bottle; but I wanted to have one on Super Bowl Sunday. Overall it came out better than I expected .... nice carbination, one even laced down the glass as it was drank. Flavor was more hop forward than malt forward (which is how I like an IPA).

Gotta say I was a little skeptical of making good beer with Mr Beer.
Not any more!! .... this was pretty darn good. And it will only get better with time!!. Its a little pre-mature ..but I may be hooked!!.
.. bottled my second batch Saturday (tweaked Shillelagh Stout).
.. Fermenting my third (tweaked Munton's Gold IPA).

ty ... I believe it came out so good thanks to the advice given on these forums. After I got the kit I lread a lot from the forums on tips and ideas on what to do. So thanks to sll on this site for the help.

jopa wrote:

[img size=877]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/4jopa/FP4.jpg[img size=877]http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af1/4jopa/FP2.jpgFirst pour of my ADIPA (tweaked a bit). I know it was a bit early, only 15 days in the bottle; but I wanted to have one on Super Bowl Sunday. Overall it came out better than I expected .... nice carbination, one even laced down the glass as it was drank. Flavor was more hop forward than malt forward (which is how I like an IPA).

Gotta say I was a little skeptical of making good beer with Mr Beer.
Not any more!! .... this was pretty darn good. And it will only get better with time!!. Its a little pre-mature ..but I may be hooked!!.
.. bottled my second batch Saturday (tweaked Shillelagh Stout).
.. Fermenting my third (tweaked Munton's Gold IPA).

Looks good and love the pint glass! Read my signature to see what's in my kegerator. lol

nice .... have you tried making it before? . if so, how close does it get to the real thing?

Looks tasty. What were your tweaks? I'm planning on cooking up a batch of AD IPA tonight.

added a pound of Pilsen DME ... boiled 1/2oz cenrennials for an hour .... 1/2 ounce for 20 mins. and dry hopped 1/2oz eacg of Centennial and Cascades. Used Cooper carb drops instead of sugar.

Love the Dogfish pint, I have the same one, only its currently empty. Great color on that IPA! Off-centered ales. Brew On!

Guest System Admin

Nice J.O.B.

Prost!

Sheldoni

jopa wrote:

added a pound of Pilsen DME ... boiled 1/2oz cenrennials for an hour .... 1/2 ounce for 20 mins. and dry hopped 1/2oz eacg of Centennial and Cascades. Used Cooper carb drops instead of sugar.

WOW! That makes me drool!! I wanted to try mt ADIPA on Super Bow, Sunday after 7 days in the bottle... yeah, was "ok", but not that great. Finished the bottle, but wont touch it now for another 3-4 weeks. :)

Those are some good tweaks buddy! Looks nice. Love that hop schedule. Sounds suuuuper citrusy. Yummmmmm. Try it again in a week or two. Bet it's cleared up a little more and finishes super crisp.

Cheers!