Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
panchor

How long does a fermenter last?

I have been using my Mr Beer fermenter for 2 years now and I made 26 batches of beer so far. And I was wondering, do I need to replace my fermenter some time? Do they get worned out?

As long as your brew is still tasty and your not having any problems with the fermenter then there is no reason to replace it. I know a couple guys have had issues with a particular fermenter giving them infected beer, maybe some nasties hiding in a scratch, but other than that if your not having any issues no need to replace it. Although its always nice to have an extra just in case anything may happen to the original.

panchor,

crazybrody is correct, of course.

But, I am still using some of the old amber ones with the airlock for non-hopped beverages. My wife says I never throw anything away.

If you feel it is time for something new, order a new one with some sale priced premium refills and dry yeasts.

Sound's like a deal.

panchor wrote:

I have been using my Mr Beer fermenter for 2 years now and I made 26 batches of beer so far. And I was wondering, do I need to replace my fermenter some time? Do they get worned out?

First, 2 yrs and only 26 batches? You either just have one keg or don't brew that often. Second "worned out"... that aint right. :laugh:
Alonzo is right if it doesn't leak, your golden. Keep that pipeline flowing buddy! :chug:

dpip75 wrote:

panchor wrote:

First, 2 yrs and only 26 batches? You either just have one keg or don't brew that often. Second "worned out"... that aint right. :laugh:
Alonzo is right if it doesn't leak, your golden. Keep that pipeline flowing buddy! :chug:

Yes, I only have one keg.

Thanks everybody for their responses. I was thinking about replacing my fermenter, but I will buy another one and have two. Double the beer.