Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
druid_hills_pils

Years of Experience

I had never considered this as a hobby, but my wife bought me the starter kit for our anniversary. I'm still waiting on my first batch to be ready, but what about everyone else?

How long has everyone else been brewing?

Guest System Admin

my wife bought me the mr beer kit 2 months ago and i am on my third batch my first batch came out to sweet because i put to much sugar in the bottles when carbonating second batch was pretty good know i have my third batch in the fermentor going for three days now cant wait to see how this one taste

Timmmaaayyy's woman bought him the Mr Beer kit for Christmas '09. We quickly graduated to a 5 gallon kit along with 3 MrB kegs and soon we will be kegging our daily drinker brews.

Christmas '09. 4 fermenters (+1 baby fermenter) and 20 brews in now...

(I hope Ray weighs in on this thread... ;))

Tomorrow it will be three years, 182 batches, and I have plans for many more.

Ray

Guest System Admin

i soon to will be buying a 5 gallon brew kit from the lhbs i like the mr beer kit and will probably continue to make mr beer kits but i want to make 5 gallon batches because i want to brew enough beer where i dont need to buy beer from the store

onekyds wrote:

Ray

That, my friend, is why you are brewer of the month... I'd love to share a beer or three with you someday...

:cheers:

onekyds wrote:

Ray

thats what i call allowing an obsession to becoma a very enjoyable hobby. i am on a little over a dozen batches; 182 batches is just alot of brewing. a little bit of your experience will go a long way here.

Got my first kit for Christmas 09. As soon as I tasted that first batch, I went and bought four more fermenters. I'm on batch 17 now.

I got my first batch in Christmas of 07 and I brewed my first batch the next week. I have now brewed 63 batches. It started as a mild enfatuation that now runs my life. I spend many days think of diferent recipes and brewing all diferent styles until I perfect them. Then I keep that style on hand on a regular seasonal basis. I think the most fun is to brew styles of beer that I enjoy rather then having to depend on larger or local microbreweries to make a beer that I like. I also like making hybrid beers, such as a german pilsner or hefeweizen with american hops. It is fun to mix and match and try new things.

I'm on the 24th. Since 1/09. Brewing has been hit and miss with me but I'll never stop learning and trying more things...
:cheer:

I too started with the MB kit I got for Christmas '09. Batch #24, my first lager (a slight variation of the "Hanging Possum Pilsener" from "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing"), is presently in primary in the fridge. I still use the MB kegs for extract brewing, but have been (mostly) doing all grain with the five gallon fermenters.

Like many others I got my MrB kit for Christmas, early actually, on December 20th. Started my first batch on the 21st and today or tomorrow after work I will be doing my 21st batch. I ordered 2 extra MrB kegs on 12/26, before I knew it I was steeping grains, using DME, then it was on to 5 gallon batches, now I even do the occasional 9 gallon batch. Moving on up... :)

Got my kit for my birthay in 9/09. Quickly escalated to 3 MB kegs and 1 5 gallon setup. I believe I am about 25 MB batches, four 5 gallon batches, and one 1 gallon batch. There were many great batches in there and some ok batches, but each one taught me something new. I'm being much more creative and slective with my brews now, which is making some damn good brews!

Got my first kit for X-mas 09, brewed my first batch on 12/27. I'm 19 batches in, have 4 kegs and just bottled my first 5 gal partial mash that I split between 2 kegs. AND STILL LOVING IT!!!

Well, for me, it's months of experience. I got a kit for Christmas '09, brewed my first batch just after New Year's Day. Six months later, and sixteen batches in, I'm still loving it and eager to learn more in my pursuit of creating great beer.

I bought a second kit almost immediately, and two kegs going at one time is enough to keep me busy. I envy the guys who have four kegs, or do five-gallon batches, but I don't have the time or the room for that.

Got my first keg in January '10. As soon as I brew my Black Tower Porter tonight ( got a little sidetracked this weekend :party: ) I will be on my 20th batch. I have three MrB fermenters chugging away and a 4th as a back up or when I make the leap to batch priming.

I have to say I had the opportunity to drink 15 of my own homebrews this weekend and when forced to switch to commercial I was notably sad... I am hooked , my brew isn't even in the fermenter for 5 mins when I start planning the next one. This site has been very helpful and supportative cheers to the Borg !

Ive been brewing about 2 and half years. I have only done 33 batches which is small potatoes to some of these guys. However my last 10 or so batches have been 5 gallons. I have yet to do an all grain batch, but love the beer I am making. Thats what makes this hobby so great, you can move at whatever pace makes you happy.

Oh crap! we were suppose to count the batches we made? couldn't you have said something back in '07? Is that like, JUST mr beer, or do ALL batches count? Is it JUST beer, or does Cider count too? Ok, I've Brewed 2. The first one and the last one... I've lost count of the ones in the middle. That's me story and I'm stickin' to it. (last time we played this came, it was 120 or something like that... but I don't remember when we played...:stout:

I got my Mr Beer kit the beginning of December. I just started batch number 21 yesterday.

Guest System Admin

My wife got me the Premium Kit for Christmas 2009 and I made my first brew in February 2010. I have since purchased 5 more 2 gallon kegs, locking spigots and bottom fill tubes. Not to mention enough 1 liter PET bottles to hold the 15 recipes I've brewed since then.

I also started a web blog to help me keep my recipes and brewing techniques in order.

The Screwy Brewer

The missus got me a kit for Christmas '09, second keg ordered soon after, made #17/18 batches last weekend.

Kegged my first batch 12/31/09.... is it said that I remember that date easier than my anniversary?

My daughter gave me the kit for Christmas and I brewed my first batch on 1/1/10. I now have a second fermenter and 10 batches under my belt. I love the fact that I have been able to try so many varieties of great beer. I also enjoy this community. Brew on!!