Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
bbrown

New Summer Trippel

So has anyone tried the New Belgian Trippel yet?

I had one the other night and while I liked it, it was a little heavy (INMO) for a Summer Ale.

I still like the 2 Pilsners and the Witty Monk the best for Summer Brews.

Anyway just curious as to what everyone else thought.

bottled it 2 weeks ago. Cracked one open last night and it was amazing. Tasted like a true trippel. It is key you let it sit in the bottle at room temp for 2 weeks then atleast 5 days in fridge or a controlled temp of 44

I still haven't brewed mine yet, but only because I will not have enough bottles once it's done fermenting.

I suppose I'll just have to start working on emptying some from commercial sources...

I formulated a 9% recipe, getting it closer to the levels of a true Belgian trippel.

I tasted it out of the fermenter, and my first impression was: "Smells Belgian. Tastes Belgian. This is going to take a while."

Cracked a test bottle last week, two weeks after bottling. I nailed the alcohol. It is definitely 9+%. Fairly cloudy; not sure this one will ever clear. Smells a little yeasty, tastes a little sour, big mouth feel but has some pucker to it. Carbonation and head were good, so I'm calling the bottle carb stage finished, and declaring that we are now officially conditioning. But again, I don't think it's anywhere near ready. I expect full conditioning to take over a month.

I brewed mine with 1 cup of Belgian Blond Candi Sugar added! It's been 3 weeks since I bottled & primed. One 12oz Bottle exploded :( not sure why. Luckily it was in a cooler or my "Containment Vessel" so no mess. i tried 1 last night & I loved it! :laugh:
Nice head retention, lacing, grapefruity nose, & a real kick. Knocked me out after 1 12oz bottle. I can't believe it! I have another can on order & I think I going to add some cascades or simcoe for more grapefruit :laugh:
Belgian_Trippel_Gorgeous_Blonde_Ale-2010

Hey I let mine ferment for three weeks, kinda real cloudy I'm sure this will clear up a bit in one liter bottles and hope for a 6.5% abv.

I made mine with the extra addition of a cup of sugar. It tastes great and tastes just like the Tripel's I have previously had. I hope they bring it back in the future.

It's been 6 days since my last post here & this beer just keeps getting better. I have 1 more can on the way. Thank God - I see it's now out of stock. I can't wait for next one. I'm going to brew this last can & try to hold it till the Fall. I doubt I'll make it. :laugh: wcfields3.jpg

I hadn't gotten one yet, but when Eric put out the warning bell that there were only 18 left I pulled the trigger. I should still get to enjoy a few of these during the dog days of August. It was supposed to arrive yesterday, but the UPS guy couldn't find my location. :( Hopefully he'll get his head out of his rear and deliver it before this weekend. I have two empty kegs waiting to be filled.

:woohoo: Just brewed mine up :woohoo: :cheers: with all the excellent reviews cant hardly wait to try this one :party: