Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
dpip75

Dark Star II (Imperial chocolate stout) All Grain

I am posting a link to my recipe. I have converted my extract recipe into all grain. I use http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/brew-builder This will be my first all grain recipe and I am a little bit nervous. I was just throwing this recipe out there to get some feedback before I order this stuff. Thoughts and opinions are welcome. :stout:

I forgot to add that I finish the last 10 minutes of the boil by adding 2oz of crushed Chocolate caramel brownie coffee beans in a sack. This really brings out the chocolate flavors. I might even add some like a dry hop. :unsure:

No link to the recipe :(

As for the Chocolate caramel brownie coffee beans...are these just coffee beans that have somehow magicallly been infused with all those other flavors? Or is there other stuff (sugars, chemicals, fat) mixed in with them?

David

I fixed the link. Sorry about that. :)

David, The ingredients lists as follows Coffee, Natural and artificial flavors. It is not a sweet coffee at all. I like my coffee black, but I can drink this.

I am ordering this stuff soon. I would like to know if my grain bill is OK. Like I said this is my first all grain and I don't want to f it up. Should I use the Aromatic? I have never used it, but it seems like it would be good. :unsure: Some wisdom and advice would be appreciated, because these are going to be gifts at Christmas. I want a great beer for the holiday cheer! :ohmy: HELP!!!!!

The link takes us to Brew Builder, not your recipe.

Good on the beans, did not know they were the same beans from before.

Will comment as fast as I can...

David

Here is the recipe guys. I guess thelink only works because I am registered with Brewmasters warehouse. Sorry!

Yeast: Wyeast Irish Ale

Grains:
Fawcett optic pale 12lbs
Crisp roasted Barley 8oz
Simpson medium crystal 8oz
Weyermann cara munich III 8oz
Crisp Chocolate malt 8oz
Aromatic 8oz

Hops:
Chinook 1oz First wort hop
Chinook 1oz 30 min
Fuggles 1oz 20 min
Kent Goldings 1oz 7 min
Fuggles 1oz flame out

IBU 58.9
SRM 40.09
ABV 8.12
OG 1.085
FG 1.023

Sorry about the delay. I didn't realize it wouldn't let you guys in. I ordered yesterday so...... :laugh: