Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
G-Rantula

G-narly ADIPA

How's it? 3rd batch is gonna be 2 cans of ADIPA. Whas gonna go with a mellow amber ume, but would like to know if a amber dme or lme or whatever would be the golden ticket? help a rookie out!!!

2 cans of ADIPA will be fine. Adding DME or LME might toss off the "hop" flavor a bit, but you could do it. But for a MB size, the two cans are fine.

If you want a big beer and use 3 cans, you should use the pale export UME. Then add some hops commando after 5 to 7 days when the foam on top or Krausen is gone. When you top off your keg fill to the Q marked for quart. That is what I would do. Also go buy a hydrometer. It is soooooo worth it. Welcome G-Rantula!!! :gulp:

My EPA (Easy Pale Ale) has been my favorite batch yet. I am not a hop head by any stretch, but do like a little hop bite. I did 2 cans of ADIPA and 1/2 pound of golden DME. It mellowed out the hoppiness. Reminds me a little of Sierra Nevada regular pale ale. Its the first batch I've had (only number 6 total) that I can say for sure I will make again.