Mr.Beer Community
Sign in to follow this  
pocketjr

Two Hme's?

Are there recipes for using two different HME's? Has anyone tried this?

I have a can of WC Pale Ale, and a can of Whispering Wheat left, and I'm thinking of 'experimenting' by adding the two together into one brew.
But I'll need help on the execution of doing so. i.e. do I still use booster? Should I also use DME? One pack of dry yeast or two?

Am I crazy?

I have seen recipes that use two different hme , but I don't recall any with your combo. The great thing about this hobby is that experimenting with new ideas can sometimes yield great results. I say go for it. No matter what, you will have beer.

with the two HME's you really don't need the booster or the DME. and you can get by with one OR two yeast packets.

I say do it. No booster no DME just the two cans and I would use both of the yeast sachets. Let us know how it turns out.

betcha it will be good. You can use 1 booster, it won't be noticeable...just depends on what you want for alcohal %.

I've made all kinds of experiments with leftovers. Things like 1 can of IPA and 1 can of pale export. Or 1 can of Cowboy Lager and 2 cans of mellow amber. Or 1 can Octoberfest and 1 can English brown ale.

Malt is malt. You can mix and match whatever you want, or just to use up whatever you have left.

If it were me I would add booster if I had it. I like higher alcohol content in the fall/winter, and things have definitely cooled off around here.